New Cheers update- just off the Glory

kbh2

Just wanted to update all on the new Cheers program as we just got off the Glory on Saturday March 12. We pre-purchased it at the $49.99 a day price. So it included all alcoholic drinks up to $50.00 per drink, we asked around at almost all of the bars there is not a drink over around $12.00. One of the bartenders said he thought there was some wine that was $20.00 per glass, however we never found it. You cannot get double shots and it count as one drink, I even tried to order a Angry Orchard with a fireball shot and it counted as 2. You cannot do the tubes, buckets, or shooters with the Cheers as it has always been.

With that being said the addition of the vitamin waters, specialty coffees, coconut water are a really nice addition and we took full advantage of that. The only place to get any of those are at the coffee bars none of the other bars or restaurants have them. You can get a bottle of water just about anywhere which is also included. You do have to wait 5 minutes in between anything with the exception of the water, you can order a bottle of water with your drink (they must figure you need it!)

All in all it was worth it for us before the additions so this was a nice extra to go along however I do not understand why they raised the by the drink limit so high unless they are getting ready to really raise the prices in the future. I will be more than happy to answer any other questions anyone has.

Thanks

Just wanted to update all on the new Cheers program as we just got off the Glory on Saturday March 12. We pre-purchased it at the $49.99 a day price. So it included all alcoholic drinks up to $50.00 per drink, we asked around at almost all of the bars there is not a drink over around $12.00. One of the bartenders said he thought there was some wine that was $20.00 per glass, however we never found it. You cannot get double shots and it count as one drink, I even tried to order a Angry Orchard with a fireball shot and it counted as 2. You cannot do the tubes, buckets, or shooters with the Cheers as it has always been.

With that being said the addition of the vitamin waters, specialty coffees, coconut water are a really nice addition and we took full advantage of that. The only place to get any of those are at the coffee bars none of the other bars or restaurants have them. You can get a bottle of water just about anywhere which is also included. You do have to wait 5 minutes in between anything with the exception of the water, you can order a bottle of water with your drink (they must figure you need it!)

All in all it was worth it for us before the additions so this was a nice extra to go along however I do not understand why they raised the by the drink limit so high unless they are getting ready to really raise the prices in the future. I will be more than happy to answer any other questions anyone has.

Thanks

Was just on the breeze. You can order a shot of Hennessy paradis at the steakhouse for 60.00... I did not. Hope this helps. Bill.

Thanks for the update, did the 15 per day drink limit include waters, and coffees? or only alcoholic beverages?

The only thing that counts toward the 15 per day limit is any drink that has alcohol in it. Every other non-alcoholic drink included in the program is unlimited.. 5 minute wait between orders.

Thanks for the update, did the 15 per day drink limit include waters, and coffees? or only alcoholic beverages?

Anything with alcohol is included in the 15 limit, everything else is unlimited.

Did you try substituting the well type liquor with top shelf in your mixed drinks? I've heard that counts as a single serving under $50. Instead of low quality tequila ask for Patron in your margarita for example?

Did you try substituting the well type liquor with top shelf in your mixed drinks? I've heard that counts as a single serving under $50. Instead of low quality tequila ask for Patron in your margarita for example?

Yes sorry I should have added that although the cost was the same on the print out when upgrading to the higher shelf for like shots or rum and coke etc.. But... if you order the drinks like the Red Rum Runner and things like that they are pre-mixed and they will not switch it out to a higher shelf other than what is listed on the menu.

Edited by kbe2

I believe someone posted on another post that they did ask for Patron in their margarita and they got it instead of the cheaper Tequila. So I would assume it can be done, therefore making the Cheers a better value.

Yes you can order top shelf in a "normal" drink just not in their Red Frog or Blue Iguana "drinks" for instance as they are premixed with the liquor already in them. And all specialty coffees even with the liquor are included as well.

Was just on the breeze. You can order a shot of Hennessy paradis at the steakhouse for 60.00... I did not. Hope this helps. Bill.

Thanks, Bill, I knew there had to be at least one drink that was over $50. They are basically trying to make the package unlimited, but don't want anyone to order fifteen $60 drinks :eek:

I know at the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, there is a type of Patron that was around $15, and that is the most expensive I have seen. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but last year they changed the drink prices by about $.25 to $.50, which made top shelf martinis no longer available with Cheers. For example, Martinis used to be $8.95 and you could get a top shelf substitute like Grey Goose for $1. I don't remember what the current price was, but I know that it was just enough that we could no longer get the top shelf substituted

Thanks' date=' Bill, I knew there had to be at least one drink that was over $50. They are basically trying to make the package unlimited, but don't want anyone to order fifteen $60 drinks :eek:

I know at the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, there is a type of Patron that was around $15, and that is the most expensive I have seen. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but last year they changed the drink prices by about $.25 to $.50, which made top shelf martinis no longer available with Cheers. For example, Martinis used to be $8.95 and you could get a top shelf substitute like Grey Goose for $1. I don't remember what the current price was, but I know that it was just enough that we could no longer get the top shelf substituted[/quote']

We were doing shots of the highest shelf Patron they had and it was still under $12. My husband likes Brandy and the best they had was some type of VCOG Black, spelling may be wrong on that. Still not over $15. I wish they had the prices before Cheers on the printout they give you and I could be a little more specific but it just says $0 unless there was tax in ports. We did not go to the Steakhouse so not sure what they have there.

Edited by kbe2