Miami - hotel and restaurant

5soccer9

Looking for a nice hotel to stay before our cruise and good place to eat. The Intercontinental and JW Marriott looks nice. I thought the Marriott was nice but after reading all the reviews I changed my mind. Thoughts on those two or another nice one in the same area. Also, a good place to eat, good food, casual. We have never been to Miami so I know nothing about the area. WE have been to Fort Lauderdale many, many times so I always feel comfortable picking places out when we leave from that Port but I am lost with the Miami port. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Near the Intercontinental is the Epic Hotel and the Marriott Marquis. All nice. Epic is nicer of the three. All three are about a 10 minute drive to the port. Very close. A nice restaurant nearby is Il Gabbiano.

Another area that we like is about a 20 minute drive from the port. It is near Mary Brickell Village and there are lots of restaurants there. One I like is Perricone's.

http://www.perricones.com

As to hotels in that area. That is where the JW Marriott is located. There is also the Conrad Hilton and if you want something special the Four Seasons.

Hope this helps.

Keith

Lots of places to stay around the Brickell Village area. Hampton Inn, Mandarian Oriental, Aloft, a different JW Marriott (not the one on 2nd Ave.), Extended Stay, etc. For dining , the Village is teeming with all kinds of places. 10-15 minute taxi ride to port.

If you stay at the Intercontinental or Holiday Inn across from Bayside Park and Marketplace, there are lots of restaurants there. 5 minute taxi from port.

Near the Intercontinental is the Epic Hotel and the Marriott Marquis. All nice. Epic is nicer of the three. All three are about a 10 minute drive to the port. Very close. A nice restaurant nearby is Il Gabbiano.

Another area that we like is about a 20 minute drive from the port. It is near Mary Brickell Village and there are lots of restaurants there. One I like is Perricone's.

http://www.perricones.com

As to hotels in that area. That is where the JW Marriott is located. There is also the Conrad Hilton and if you want something special the Four Seasons.

Hope this helps.

Keith

Keith, so I looked at Perricones, sounds like my kind of place. I will keep that in mind. I really appreciate that. What hotels are near that? Is that a good area to stay in and walk around? How far is the Intercontinental away? Within walking distance?

Keith, so I looked at Perricones, sounds like my kind of place. I will keep that in mind. I really appreciate that. What hotels are near that? Is that a good area to stay in and walk around? How far is the Intercontinental away? Within walking distance?

The hotels closest to Perricone's are JW Marriott, Conrad Hilton, Hampton Inn and Four Seasons. As short walk to each one.

The Intercontinental is located about 30 minutes from the restaurant by foot.

For us it is fine and we feel very safe in these areas at night but for a first timer they might be apprehensive walking all the way to the Intercontinental.

We actually walk at night from the Four Seasons which is about 10 minutes further away and over to say the American Airlines Arena which is an additional 10 minutes behind the Intercontinental.

We like the walk but we are used to it as we have been staying in Miami for several years pre cruise.

If you have more questions, please be sure to ask them.

Keith

We went to Miami Beach in January. It was the 1st time there for us. We'd been to Miami but not Miami Beach. We very much enjoyed strolling around on Lincoln Avenue which is a big pedestrian mall. There were tons of places to eat & all felt like they had an awesome local vibe. Mary Brickell Village was OK but nothing special & the Bayside Market place reminded me of any other Mall. Since you are from Maryland, to understand the Bayside, think that touristy thing which houses the Cheesecake Factory in Inner Harbor. Lincoln Road is more like that section of Baltimore with the roundabout between Little Italy and Fells Point but more upscale.

We went to Miami Beach in January. It was the 1st time there for us. We'd been to Miami but not Miami Beach. We very much enjoyed strolling around on Lincoln Avenue which is a big pedestrian mall. There were tons of places to eat & all felt like they had an awesome local vibe. Mary Brickell Village was OK but nothing special & the Bayside Market place reminded me of any other Mall. Since you are from Maryland, to understand the Bayside, think that touristy thing which houses the Cheesecake Factory in Inner Harbor. Lincoln Road is more like that section of Baltimore with the roundabout between Little Italy and Fells Point but more upscale.

Great - thanks so much. That really helps a lot. I appreciate it. And giving me the visual of the Inner Harbor is a huge help. Thanks again.