Formal

So how do I find out what night is formal night?i want to make a reservation on that night and maybe another night for dining because we are a party of 13? We are doing a 7 night eastern on FOS in May also is it black tie or what do the men usually wear

I believe on a 7 day cruise that there are 2 formal nights. Usually nights 2 and 5 (correct me if I am wrong). It's not black tie required, usually a nice suit will suffice. However, you certainly will not be the only one wearing a tux and black tie if that is what you decide on. We usually eat at the steakhouse on formal night, but it's also the most popular night there, so make a reservation if you can. We love formal nights, it's great seeing everyone dressed up. Have fun!

The 2nd night of a 7 night cruise is almost always formal. I found a set of FOS Eastern Cruise Compasses from last October, and at least on that sailing, the formal evenings were on the 2nd and 6th nights.

Anymore and has not been for years. However if you wish to dress formally, tux gown,you will not be alone. Dress as you feel comfortable, just look a little bit nicer "Modern Chic" on formal nights and you will be happy.

formal Nights post are correct.