Carnival Glory to open new included Guy's BBQ restaurant.

aenglish1609

Hope that is not right. I saw that it said "you've got a rockin' sea day on deck." Hopefully that is just some marketing stuff and it will be opened more than just sea days.

I did notice that there is no "Coming Soon" banner across the article like there was for all the other new additions during dry dock. I am surprised that no one who was on the first cruise after dry dock has mentioned it. Of course, there is only one review for the Magic after dry dock right now.

:confused:Rockin' on a sea day usually means rockin' on a sea day;) Why would it be on a port day when people are gone?

Can't find it on updated deck plans? Anyone know where it will be located?

Open sea days from noon to 2:30 p.m., Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse is located in Lanai and Promenade Deck area. We were on the Breeze twice and never managed to get a taste - long lines!

I think we'll have to go to that area earlier on our next cruise.

Mary & Terry

London, ON

Can't find it on updated deck plans? Anyone know where it will be located?

Due to the huge popularity of BBQ they are taking out the main dining rooms and putting in picnic tables and tile floors for ease of cleaning up the dropped sauce from the BBQ. You asked for it, Carnival delivers.

Open sea days from noon to 2:30 p.m., Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse is located in Lanai and Promenade Deck area. We were on the Breeze twice and never managed to get a taste - long lines!

I think we'll have to go to that area earlier on our next cruise.

Mary & Terry

London, ON

It would appear we are neighbours!

Not sure what "Hall of Fame of BBQ" Guy is in but it's certainly not the same one as Myron Mixon or Tuffy Stone. Guy's get his bejeeus kicked out of him going up against LeeAnn Whippen or Corey Brinson or any one of the competitors in BBQ Pittmasters, much less the local BBQ circuit in Texas.

maybe so, but you have to realize it's bbq on a cruise ship...they can't exactly pull out all the stops...it may not be the best you'll ever have, but it'll be quite acceptable...

maybe so, but you have to realize it's bbq on a cruise ship...they can't exactly pull out all the stops...it may not be the best you'll ever have, but it'll be quite acceptable...

I hear you. Q is Q until it's only sauce over grilled or convention oven cooked meats. I don't expect the new Guy's franchise to be really any different than the old Fat Jimmy's. Pictures at even the 1* rated chains can be made to look tasty. I just question the sunglasses-neck dude's creds on Q. Donkey sauce on chicken doesn't cut the mustard (or vinegar) based sauce, IMO. Obviously I'm not a spiked hair fan:eek::p

This bbq joint has a woodsmoker installed.

Thats a first. So it may be different.

Wouldn't want a balcony on deck 6 near the smoker.

How many times will reports be made that the Magic is on fire. :D

Smokers can put out some serious smoke.