Regal and Internet Package

Clampram

On our upcoming cruise, we may want to have a little internet time to check some business items.

Is it better to use my laptop to access the net in my cabin or, to use the ships computers and access that way? I assume that there is a room with computer stations???

Thought I read somewhere that connectivity in your cabin is not so great??

Is it the same package for both options?

Thanks in advance

On our upcoming cruise, we may want to have a little internet time to check some business items.

Is it better to use my laptop to access the net in my cabin or, to use the ships computers and access that way? I assume that there is a room with computer stations???

Thought I read somewhere that connectivity in your cabin is not so great??

Is it the same package for both options?

Thanks in advance

If you have a good signal in your cabin it does not matter whether you use the ships computers or your own.

Yes there is an internet cafe with ships computers.

I would strongly suggest not using the ship's computers. I once forgot my laptop on a cruise on the Coral. It took me almost 30 minutes to try and check my e-mail. I then remembered I had my iPhone [emoji33] and checked my e-mail for the rest of the cruise with my phone. I could compose and read e-mails offline and checking my e-mail with my phone usually takes 2-4 minutes at most. I don't surf the web much when on cruises so I can't compare speeds.

To get wi-fi on your laptop you have to load the Princess@Sea program. Visit this web site for further details. Then you will have to purchase internet mins which range from$72.95 for 120mins to $202.95 for 680mins. You can pre-purchase in the cruise personalizer and receive some extra mins.

I would strongly suggest not using the ship's computers. I once forgot my laptop on a cruise on the Coral. It took me almost 30 minutes to try and check my e-mail. I then remembered I had my iPhone [emoji33] and checked my e-mail for the rest of the cruise with my phone. I could compose and read e-mails offline and checking my e-mail with my phone usually takes 2-4 minutes at most. I don't surf the web much when on cruises so I can't compare speeds.

This is a great tip IECalcruiser. You can log on your phone, download your emails, and then log off. Take some time and reply to all of them offline and they stay in the outbox. Then log back on for a few moments and they send. You can do all your emails while only actually being online for 1 or 2 mins.

Edited by jason3695

Good information. We'll be on Regal Princess in August. I plan to purchase one of the Internet packages and use my iPhone on board. Any experience or advice using apps other than email with a smartphone?

To get wi-fi on your laptop you have to load the Princess@Sea program.

Huh?

Enable wifi on your laptop.

Look for a likely looking SSID, like shipname-Princess,

in the orignal poster's case Regal-Princess

Connect

As soon as you attempt to browse to any site, you will

be redirected to the princess splash page where you can

purchase/activate an internet package.