San Gervasio and beach

leekristina25

Depending upon how long you plan to spend at the ruins, you could just hire a driver for an hour or two. Ask them to drop you are the beach club of your choice -- Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos, etc. -- then grab a taxi back to your pier (there are three on Coz, so be sure you know which one you are going to) when you are ready.

I hope that you enjoy the ruins - IMHO they are not worth the time or $$, but it is your call.

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion ;)

Mr. Sanchos is a good option with both an all-inclusive side and a pay-as-you-go side. Good facilities and a nice beach.

You could try to book someone in advance, or just talk to the taxi coordinator - the hourly rate should be posted on the rate board.

Oooh!! Lol. Gotcha. Also, while I have you, can you enlighten me on what DH and DW stand for? I keep seeing that used on this forum and it's driving me crazy to not know!

And the rate board? Is that at the port? I've never been on a cruise so this is all new for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by leekristina25

Oooh!! Lol. Gotcha. Also, while I have you, can you enlighten me on what DH and DW stand for? I keep seeing that used on this forum and it's driving me crazy to not know!

And the rate board? Is that at the port? I've never been on a cruise so this is all new for me.

Dear Husband and Dear Wife

Rates are posted on a board at each pier. Here is a link to prices from Internstional pier other links available from other oiers at this site

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Taxiinternational?From=Taxiairport

Depending on how much you want to see you can make a judgement call. If you want a round the island tour with guide look at ToursPlaza website. There us a circular road which goes around the island which you could easily do with their 3 hour minimum with some stops, calling first at ruins, round the wild side for photos and get dropped off at one if the beach clubs on south side (eg mr sanchos/Paradise beach) and taxi back when ready. If you just want ruins and beach you can easily pick up taxi at pier and price is listed on the link I gave you. Price is for return trip with waiting at ruins ( I think 2 hours total (?) and then you would need to add on fare to beach since doing it that way the ruins are in one direction and the beach is the other. I think there is also a price on there for island tour with ruins, which could be used to drop you off as suggested above.

The ruins are very small compared to mainland which is why many people don't give favorable reports. I found them interesting and enjoyed the walk through the jungle ( you are right, 45-60 minutes plenty) - remember bug spray and water. I have been to Cozumel many times and they are certainly not a "must-see" item for first time visitor but they are interesting none the less.

I booked this cruise bc I wanted to see Mayan ruins but after research I discovered how long and harsh of a trip it is to Tulum and I don't want to spend my only day in Mexico traveling. So I discovered these ruins and to me, these will work just fine bc I will have time to do ruins and beach. [emoji1] Also, I've read about them online and the history behind them is very interesting.

Thank you for the link, I'm about to check it out now!

Don't plan on spending a lot of time at SG. The ruins are not very impressive. I'm glad we went but I think we spent longer getting there than we did touring them. We used the service Hiring a Driver for the Day and went to Playa Palancar after the ruins. A taxi would probably be a little cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't plan on spending a lot of time at SG. The ruins are not very impressive. I'm glad we went but I think we spent longer getting there than we did touring them. We used the service Hiring a Driver for the Day and went to Playa Palancar after the ruins. A taxi would probably be a little cheaper.

Have you done any of the ruins in Belize? If so what are your thoughts on those?