Missing Joe Farcus

Bearau

I just can't stand the orange sofa's.

And remember the purple snakes in the ceiling on Holiday?

Purple grapes on Miracle.

I think the purple snakes are on the inspiration or imagination

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

I think the purple snakes are on the inspiration or imagination

I loved your Long Beach area a few times, once for a cruise,....that makes me sad..I always loved your saying that...did they build something...can you see Queen Mary...darn....happy cruising and best of luck anyway....:):(.

Edited by sjn911

I loved your Long Beach area a few times, once for a cruise,....that makes me sad..I always loved your saying that...did they build something...can you see Queen Mary...darn....happy cruising and best of luck anyway....:):(.

We sold my ocean view condo and moved inland.

We've only sailed on Farcus ships on Carnival, but have seen video of the Breeze and it looks very nice. I think the Farcus ships make for some great photo ops and show much more character then the Princess ships we've sailed on. All and all it's nice to have choices and the Farcus ships are definitely fun and whimsical. It would be nice to see him do another new one. Love the Miracle by the way!

Not me! It's neither relaxing nor inviting to have those wild design elements in your face.

I guess I'm part of the "new wave of younger cruisers" because I prefer spa-like and subtle. Maybe it's because I don't want to angle every picture I take to avoid a giant Trojan horse in the background. [emoji38]

Our first cruise was on Paradise and the only way I could think to describe it to others was "Think if Elvis or Liberace owned a cruise ship. That's what it looked like." Don't know if Farcus designed Paradise but it's hideous. Give me Breeze or Sunshine any day

I'll join the minority of those who get a kick out of the Farcus architecture. When I cruise, I want to escape. (No relation to the NCL ship by that name.) I don't like seeing the usual Ionic Order, Art Deco, or even Mies Van Der Rohe elements; I pass by them every day while heading to my office job. I was to see something quirky! I want fun! I want off-the-wall! And Farcus is just the ticket.

Speaking of tickets, the Farcus decor reminds me of the Blue Man Group. The Briar Street Theater, their performance venue in Chicago, is decorated very much like a Fantasy class ship. With the usual tubing running across the ceiling, bizarre light fixtures, and wacky metal sculptures. I wonder if there's any kind of connection.

One Farcus element I do find mildly disagreeable is the Spirit class ships' decor. Unlike the Fantasy class or the Conquest class, it's pretty dark (in reference to theming, not lack of light). Legend's the worst offender: the genie lamps functioning as balusters all over the ship look an awful lot like crematorium urns.