empress first 6 sailings canelled

baron9

I just got off the phone with a delightful "Re-accomodation" agent.

We switched to the Enchantment 4-day sailing May 16 for the same VERY LOW price that we paid for the Empress and received a $100 on-board-credit added to our current on-board-credit….and we'll still go to both Coco Cay and Key West (plus Nassau…not a favorite:eek:).

We are NOT unhappy. We'll book the Empress for a later date and sail on her to Cuba.:)

Glad you were able to switch to a different ship. First round of cancellations, they would not allow folks to book any other ship except for the Majesty with price protection or gamble on rebooking Empress.

What 100% cruise credit:(! I just received email from Royal canceling our April 25 cruise (was canceled for April 21 already) and they are hardly offering much in compensation for air and hotel changes/cancellations.

"Also, we will be providing you with a future cruise certificate for 50% of the cruise fare paid. This certificate may be used for a future cruise on a Royal Caribbean sailing within the next year....we will pay your airline change fee, up to $200 for domestic and $300 for international flights"

:mad:

What 100% cruise credit:(! I just received email from Royal canceling our April 25 cruise (was canceled for April 21 already) and they are hardly offering much in compensation for air and hotel changes/cancellations.

"Also, we will be providing you with a future cruise certificate for 50% of the cruise fare paid. This certificate may be used for a future cruise on a Royal Caribbean sailing within the next year....we will pay your airline change fee, up to $200 for domestic and $300 for international flights"

:mad:

I knew they'd stick people again....

Unfortunately it's not that easy....we have four young kids and jobs that need to be scheduled around. We are still waiting for the refund for the change flight fees for the last canceled cruise $400! Our budget doesn't have any room for this extra $. We splurged because we had never taken a honey moon or vacation and the first cruise was during our 15th anniversary. This next one happened to fall over my birthday. Now we are stuck with flights and no vacation with two weeks notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Maybug, write to this person at this address about your missing EARLIER refund, and express your dismay about the latest mess.

Laly

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

Our phone just rang and it is Royal Caribbean calling to tell us that our May 19 Empress cruise is canceled.

The details of options will be emailed to us but we were asked if we wanted to hear them over the phone.

It disappoints us because we were looking forward to sailing on the Empress but will book something else or stay in Ft. Lauderdale.

After 19 years of cruising with Royal Caribbean we are not ones to walk away from them because of a cancellation.

And I am going to miss meeting you. :(

I feel bad for the people who have now had two cancellations and the people from out of town who now have to deal with airfare/ hotel issues. It sucks. it really does. Royal messed up. 5 days notice (even 12 days) is not acceptable.

I do think they are doing things a bit differently this time though. Im on hold at the moment to switch my cruise (I live in S Florida so I am fortunate that I dont have air/hotel complications) and they are offering a bit better deal than the last round of cancellations. Switching us to same category on Enchantment (phew, I got a steal on a JSon Empress the day it opened) and a nice OBC. I can't comment on taking care of air/hotel because it does not apply to me.

I am hoping they take care of those inconvenienced by this. I dont blame the people who never want to deal with Royal again. First impressions mean a lot.

Hold on. Hold on. Hold on.

Are you saying that they are PRICE PROTECTING you on the Enchantment?

I was just told flatly "no".

On a serious note, I don't blame past passengers of Pullmantur for the neglect in the galleys. They seem too drunk to worry about the condition of the food preparation areas that are requiring such a heavy investment right now to fix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by coaster

My sympathies to all of you having your vacations cancelled with almost no warning (and for many of you this is round two of that).

I cannot say anything in defense of RCI about this---they have messed up terribly and are not even coming across as all that apologetic about it.

I have to wonder why sell off Splendour and then buy back Empress with a great need of rehab, instead of just keeping Splendour? That has felt odd to me all along.

... I have to wonder why sell off Splendour and then buy back Empress with a great need of rehab, instead of just keeping Splendour? That has felt odd to me all along.

I'm guessing that the prospect of Cuba cruises made them want the smallest ship. Plus, I got the impression that they felt Pulmantur had too much capacity.

Edited by clarea

I shudder to think about what the condition of the ship was for RCI to have to push the first sailing back an additional month.:(

I'm really sorry for all who are affected by this. I think Royal Caribbean has a lot of work to do to make this right for displaced customers. They're not in a position to be anything but generous.

This isn't the first time RCI has renovated a ship, and I don't understand how their estimates could have been off so badly. I would think their construction and refurb experts should have been able to more accurately assess what the ship needed before they started selling cruises.:(

Hold on. Hold on. Hold on.

Are you saying that they are PRICE PROTECTING you on the Enchantment?

I was just told flatly "no".

Yes. They kept my price the same and switched me over to a JS on Enchantment from my Empress JS.

I went from the 5/14 Empress to the 5/16 Enchantment. I lost a day of sailing, but I am okay with it, it's still a steal for the price I originally paid for Empress the day it opened. I was also given a very nice OBC.

My TA had called RCI twice in the last 3 days asking if these sailings would be cancelled and was flat out lied to by them both times. If the ship was in as bad shape as they stated in the letter I received today, surely they had to have known it wasn't going to be sailing anytime soon. This is now the second time we have been royally screwed by them in the past 30 days (was booked on 3/30 and then rebooked on 4/30) I guarantee they won't be getting the chance to screw us again. I don't think I have ever been so pissed off in my life.

Edited by Clarkk W Griswald

RCI says theyre giving a full refund like its a benefit --- How is refunding us for the cruise that isn't sailing, minus the cost of flights, really a benefit for canceling a cruise 10 days in advance?

Anyone have any suggestions what to do these dates instead? Have flights 4/30 to 5/5 from NYC to Miami

How many of my fellow passengers that were supposed to be on the March 30th sailing that had less than 14 days before sailing are fuming mad? We got nothing but refund or a sold out Majesty!? Still waiting on my full refund and no future cruise credit at 50% for all of our inconvenience. Not exactly planning my next RCCL cruise at this point.

RCI says theyre giving a full refund like its a benefit --- How is refunding us for the cruise that isn't sailing, minus the cost of flights, really a benefit for canceling a cruise 10 days in advance?

Anyone have any suggestions what to do these dates instead? Have flights 4/30 to 5/5 from NYC to Miami

Carnival Sensation 4/30 - 5/5 from Miami

Carnival Breeze 5/1 - 5/5 from Miami (i'd take this one)