Guernsey

Ecuador

We did a great bike tour that took us to some very scenic places on the island. It is a great way to see the island.

Do you know the name of the bike tour that you did? Or was it something you did on your own? Thanks.

Do you know the name of the bike tour that you did? Or was it something you did on your own? Thanks.

I don't remember if we booked the tour privately or from Celebrity, but I do remember that people could sign up on the dock. We had about a dozen or more people on the tour. It was not very expensive.

I don't remember if we booked the tour privately or from Celebrity, but I do remember that people could sign up on the dock. We had about a dozen or more people on the tour. It was not very expensive.

Thank you, we will be on Princess and would like to do a bike tour in one or maybe two ports, the cruise line is not offering any. Did you do any other bike tours?

Thank you, we will be on Princess and would like to do a bike tour in one or maybe two ports, the cruise line is not offering any. Did you do any other bike tours?

This link may help for Guernsey.http://www.visitguernsey.com/outdoor-guernsey-cycle-tours

We have done bike tours, when they are available. We did not do another one on our British Isles cruise that included Guernsey.

prish

Interested in WW2 history so would like to visit the German Occupation museum. How near is it to bus route and how long would you allow to visit museum?

I think the German Occupation museum is about 20 mins from St Peter Port, the stop is the one before the airport. Just inform the bus conductor when you get on and he'll tell you where to get off. The museum is a couple of minutes down a small lane, there are also signs. We were on one of the first tenders off the ship and got to the museum before it opened, so spent about 10-15 minutes visiting a small chapel nearby, the old grave stones were very interesting.

The museum visit should take about an hour, a little more if you look at everything in detail. Don't expect a fancy museum, it's housed in an old cottage, which actually adds to the charm of the place. Among the exhibits is one of the few surviving Enigma machines, if you remember Alan Turing helped crack its code, as depicted in the movie "Imitation Game"

There is also an Underground Hospital used during the War which you might like to visit, we didn't go as it started raining rather heavily by the time we came back to St Peter Port.