Carnival Sunshine Midnight Buffet?

The Journeys cruises have a grand midnight buffet. Other cruises have one buffet line open late at night. Usually hot dogs etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There was a mexican midnight buffet on our last 7 day Sunshine after we left the port of Cozumel on day 6. There was also a deck party that night.

Was that the full Mexican buffet, served in the regular buffet line, or just a couple things, such as chips & dip? I have taken one cruise on a ship with the Blue Iguana cantina (which Sunshine also has), and because of the cantina, they were not allowed to serve the Mexican buffet. The cantina had exclusive rights to Mexican food, but since it's closed during the evening times, the only thing we had that night was chips & dip, on the stand right by the cantina. For me, that doesn't count as a Mexican buffet, nor did it satisfy the hunger for all of us that were dancing at the deck party. Pizza station was slammed. It would be great if they got rid of that silly rule about the stands having exclusive rights.

There is not a midnight buffet but more like a 11 pm sandwich spread. They serve finger food at about 11 grilled cheese,and other various finger food I only went one time. Nothing fancy and very small.Pizza all night tho

I have a midnight buffet on the Sunshine Journeys cruise in August out of NYC.

We will be on a Sunshine Journeys cruise in August too. Anyone know if this is casual dress type of buffet or more formal?

Actually we had the late night mexican buffet on our Bermuda cruise last October, in the lido area. We weren't really expecting it and mainly just went and took pictures and had a few deserts. It was also an 8-day cruise, not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Back in the good old days (circa 1972), NCL offered spectacular Midnight Buffets....not many of the ships do that any longer, on a regular basis.

As did Carnival. I remember they would open it early for pictures before the serving began. Ice carvings and fruit carvings galore!! I still have video of that.

• 3 weeks later...
The Journeys cruises have a grand midnight buffet. Other cruises have one buffet line open late at night. Usually hot dogs etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello,

Would like to know what is meant by a .journeys cruise? Saw it mentioned a few times.

Thanks