Coral Aloha Deck, noise from Lido deck above???

CineGraphic

In the past, I've had great luck booking a BF balcony guarantee, usually ending up with a BA or BB cabin assignment, but we were just assigned A324 for our Panama Canal sailing in December.

Will I hear chairs being dragged on the Lido deck late at night, pool pumps, etc???

Not that I'll let this ruin our cruise, I'll just bring more wine than usual and some earplugs if necessary.

In the past, I've had great luck booking a BF balcony guarantee, usually ending up with a BA or BB cabin assignment, but we were just assigned A324 for our Panama Canal sailing in December.

Will I hear chairs being dragged on the Lido deck late at night, pool pumps, etc???

Not that I'll let this ruin our cruise, I'll just bring more wine than usual and some earplugs if necessary.

Depending where under the Lido deck you are . We have stayed under the Lido deck on many ships. The only noise we heard was the MUTS system in the evening.

Looking at the maps, It looks like you will be right under the pool area.

Pool area = deck chairs.

I have also had rooms on the Aloha deck. When we were right under the pool on one trip, every night sounded like they held grand piano races till midnight above us. (On the Diamond)

On another trip (The Coral) we were also on the Aloha deck. But we were under the area that was carpeted and the indoor pool. No noise from above. However, we were across from the room where the room steward carts were stored, the workers took smoke breaks, luggage came and went, room service carts, next to the emergency doors with the metal band that went along the carpet edge, and where all the blankets for MUTS were stored.

I am a very light sleeper (Have terminal mommy radar syndrome) and did not get much sleep at all on either cruise. Hubby (who places first for the sleep like a rock competitions) didn't hear a thing.

Personally, I wouldn't pick the room you have. But, I don't know you. Check the map, see what is around you, above, below, and on the inside area where inside cabins are located. I always pick my room and will only ask for an upgrade to a suite. I've never worried if I will get sleep or not now. I know what room will be ours and know it will be quiet.

Good luck and enjoy the canal! It's wonderful!

Had a Cabin right under the Lido deck pool area one cruise and will never ever do thar again. Seems like everytime I fell asleep another loud noise woke us up. Not gonna happen again. Worse cruise I ever took for that reason.

Had a Cabin right under the Lido deck pool area one cruise and will never ever do thar again. Seems like everytime I fell asleep another loud noise woke us up. Not gonna happen again. Worse cruise I ever took for that reason.

Me, too! My advice, bring lots of extra wine.

Actually, if there is another cabin open in that same category, I would call and see if they can switch you over to that one. The one you are currently assigned to will more likely than not be very noisy ... day and night! I almost stopped cruising because of a room assignment right under the pool. Instead, I just stopped booking guarantees.

We were under the pool on a Christmas cruise on the Star Princess, a while ago, but the situation has not changed much. Since the ship was full of teenagers they were up all night moving chairs around and kept us up. We called security 4 nights in a row till they finally moved us to another lower deck when someone got off due to illness. You'll hear the cleaning people move chairs early in the morning as well. So, make sure where you cabin is exactly, is there a lounging, sitting area above?