Cruising Companions

repeater

I like cruising with people who enjoy the trinket shops ashore. They keep my wife company and leave me free to go directly to the nearest saloon. :D

That really made me laugh. I hate shopping, and I think I know how you feel. Fortunately my mate isn't a shopper, either.

I like cruising with people who enjoy the trinket shops ashore. They keep my wife company and leave me free to go directly to the nearest saloon. :D

That really made me laugh. I hate shopping, and I think I know how you feel. Fortunately my mate isn't a shopper, either.

OK. I guess you have me there. :) I end up doing the shopping with my wife. Fortnuately she doesn't troll for much stuff. An occasional item for one of the kids or grandkids. We don't tend to buy much.

One thing my wife does do on shore that I love to "help" with is to sample the local beer. On our last cruise we made certain to try local beer in Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Columbia, and Aruba.

We try the local brew pubs when we travel around in the US as well. There are soooooooooooo many great beers that one can only get on site. I know we have a lot of great beers here in Chico at the Sierra Nevada Brewery that people outside of town don't know about. They tend to know about the Pale Ale which we think is not one of their better beers. The same holds true in other towns. The beers we find that we like the best aren't sold in stores and can only be relished at the brew pub.

Our next cruise is back to Alaska. We've tried Alaskan beers in the past and are hoping to try some new brews. Ahhhhhh... It is good to have a wife who truly appreciates good beer. (Don't ever try to serve her Coors Lite, Budweiser, Corona, etc. :eek::eek::eek:)

We have a regular group of friends we like to cruise with, have cruised with family, and cruised just we two. We have one rule when cruising with others. No one gets mad if anyone doesn't want to do the same thing. We also say this is what time we are eating dinner each night, join us or not. We find that we then get a good mix of doing things with different people and by ourselves. And most of the time we wind up all eating together. For our fortieth anniversary cruise to Alaska, we had some special events that we invited everybody to and we had a huge balcony where everyone was welcome to join us. And we LOVE being just the two of us even after 45 years! :)