Free shuttle in Anchorage

baxley

I came across this by reading someone's post about their trip to Anchorage. I had been planning on taking a taxi to get around or rent a car...but then I found out it is unnecessary as there is a free shuttle that will take you a) to the Anchorage Museum b) to the log cabin visitor's booth c) to Hotel Captain Cook d) to Sheraton e) to the Alaska Native Heritage Center. It circles every hour. Tickets can be purchased at either attraction or online at alaskaculturepass.org

Hope this helps someone trying to keep their costs down.

I came across this by reading someone's post about their trip to Anchorage. I had been planning on taking a taxi to get around or rent a car...but then I found out it is unnecessary as there is a free shuttle that will take you a) to the Anchorage Museum b) to the log cabin visitor's booth c) to Hotel Captain Cook d) to Sheraton e) to the Alaska Native Heritage Center. It circles every hour. Tickets can be purchased at either attraction or online at alaskaculturepass.org

Hope this helps someone trying to keep their costs down.

If as you say that the tickets can be purchased on line, they are not free.

DON

Besides the museum and Native Heritage Center shuttle the Ulu Factory and Alaska Zoo have free shuttles that depart from the log cabin visitor center as well. There is also a trolley that provides a 50 minute tour of downtown and then out to Earthquake Park by the airport for $20 departing from the log cabin.