Upgrading to premium package

Ceepot

We have upgraded from the free classic package to the premium package on our 14 night Scandinavia and Russia cruise in July.The cost was £227.98 in total for both of us. I hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for your speedy reply. We are going to upgrade :D:D

If you do it on the ship, both people don't have to upgrade. It might be worth seeing if what you like to drink is covered. On our first two Celebrity cruises we both upgraded as soon as we boarded thinking it would be just easier not to have to worry about what was covered and what wasn't.

During the second cruise we started to notice that everything my DH drank was covered on the classic so on our most recent cruise, I upgraded, he didn't. This worked fine and saved us a bit of money.

Can anyone recall how much it costs to upgrade on board from a classic to a premium package?

Many thanks :)

Upgrades from Classic beverage package to Premium beverage package will be $10/day + 18% gratuity. This includes all Classic beverage packages that were received as a result of a promotion, or those that were purchased.

If a guest is currently has a Classic or Standard Beverage Package or a Classic N/A Package, the upgrade prices will remain the same as our current upgrade prices both pre-cruise and onboard:

• Standard Package to Classic Package = $10/day + 18% gratuity
  • Standard Package to Premium Package = $20/day + 18% gratuity
  • Classic Package to Premium Package = $10/day + 18% gratuity
  • Classic N/A Package to Premium N/A Package = $4/day + 18% gratuity

If money saving is a consideration, you do not need to upgrade beforehand, or even the first day. If you are not boarding until late afternoon for example, why not wait and upgrade the next day (unless you are particular about what you drink). Or wait a couple days and see if Classic will suffice. If you upgrade onboard you can also use your OBC, but cannot do that if you upgrade before the cruise. If money is less important than convenience and better options, then go for it ahead of time.