Ask your Divina Questions here - will try to get answers onboard

LMaxwell

Will you be using any of the internet packages?

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Already-Booked/Cruise-Upgrade/Internet-Packages.aspx

I am considering the middle one which offers: Access for up to 2 devices to social networks, chat apps, email and web browsing with standard bandwidth priority. Limit of 170 MB per day / 800 MB per cruise**. You can post photos, but audio and video are not available.

$11.00 per day / $33.00 per cruise*

Would love to know how it works.

Wow, Thanks for posting this, I just might have to add internet. :D

So, I'm not a tech geek at all, what does 170 MB per day / 800 MB per cruise mean in real life? How much can I be online?

Edited by maureencruiser

I am not great with figuring out my data use either. I can say that I am a pretty heavy phone user (and I am not on wireless ALL day at work, and I tend to turn my wi-fi off when I am not at home or somewhere with free wifi to keep my battery from draining). According to my phone, since March 21st I have used 207 mb. That included a day trip where I killed my battery surfing Facebook, instagram and twitter all day in the car.

http://www.wirefly.com/content/phone-data-plan-information

Can give you a good idea. I would say with some of the packages with no audio unless you spend all day on your device you should be good! Just wondering about the speed. We actually did a Facebook voice call with Voom! from Royal this winter. I called them up and we had a full conversation. I won't be calling but it would be nice to upload snaps and instas!

I would say with some of the packages with no audio unless you spend all day on your device you should be good! Just wondering about the speed. We actually did a Facebook voice call with Voom! from Royal this winter. I called them up and we had a full conversation. I won't be calling but it would be nice to upload snaps and instas!

Hmmm, I found this online. Surfing the web is 15mb for an hour? So, theoretically, you could be online 10 hours a day, not that I plan to. I am thinking about a live review, though....:D

Data Legend for Laptop

Below are general guidelines for the amount of data used per service:

• 1 email (no attachment)

35KB • 1 min. of streaming video (standard)

4MB (240MB/hour) • 1 email (with standard attachment)

300KB • 1 min. of streaming video (HD)

15MB (900MB/hour) • 1 hour surfing the Web

15MB • 1 song downloaded

4MB • 1 social media post with photo

500KB

LOL - I didn't find the omelet station until the end of the cruise. I usually came up and down the elevators outside the buffet and never went out of the pool deck. That particular day, I was walking forward after breakfast to get a glimpse of our arrival into Nassau.

Been on the Divina 5x and never saw this.

I am confused by the answer to buying the voucher for the future cruise as the response on this thread seems to be different to the last posting given by Bermudabound who posted from onboard yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, you can buy a certificate for $10 that can be used for $100 OBC on a future cruise, no need to book the cruise then. It can't be combined with other offers and you have to use it within 18 months. :)

Unfortunately this is no longer true :(. I had a meeting with the cruise consultant yesterday and MSC has discontinued the voucher program. Now, you must know your exac sailing date and ship and put down a deposit. The OBC is half of the old voucher system too :(. She did say they would price match up until final

Payment but that does me little good as I often book within the 30

Day window. Also, my agent offers more obc than Msc and I can book with her last minute.

Sad but I think this is yet another way Msc is not valuing repeat customers. The black card is a total joke of a loyality program. I had every intention of purchasing a $10 voucher as nothing more than a gamble. We are sailing from Venice this summer. We already have air and will book a cruise last minute. I'm confident there will be lots of last mi it specials given the current political climate. Given the restrictions, I passed on the voucher. Msc has two ships sailing from Venice they meet my criteria, but I will not shop them against NCL, Celebrity, and RCL who also have itinaries that meet our needs. I'm not saying the $100.00 obc offers with the old voucher program would positively lead me to book Msc, but it would have been a factor. Now Msc will compete for my Venice business with no advantage.

Chair hogs are on every cruise. On Royal they do have pool guards who sometimes will actually remove a person's things after 30 minutes!!!

Thanks!

While It is true that every line has chair hogs, the problem is exasperated on the divina due to the use of pool deck space. On sea days, the entire starboard side of the pool is turned into a shopping extravaganza leaving very little room for chairs. The entire port side is dedicated to tables for smokers (which are very much used by smokers). So if you are a non-smoker bothered by smoke you can forget the port side entirely. There are zero (yes, zero) lounge chairs in the solarium- instead they have tables/chairs while half the Infinity pool deck area are bar tables. Divina does have pool attendants but I never saw them remove any towels. It's a shame, because the space is there for 100s more lounge chaos but the space Around all three pools had very limited loungers to begin with, and once you add the chair hogs it's game over.

Will you be using any of the internet packages?

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Already-Booked/Cruise-Upgrade/Internet-Packages.aspx

I am considering the middle one which offers: Access for up to 2 devices to social networks, chat apps, email and web browsing with standard bandwidth priority. Limit of 170 MB per day / 800 MB per cruise**. You can post photos, but audio and video are not available.

$11.00 per day / $33.00 per cruise*

Would love to know how it works.

Darn it, I didn't see this offered onboard. I did notice that not all

Packages offered online are available onboard so either that is th case with this package or I just missed it :(.

I had the choice of one hour for $29.95. There was 1.4 hours offered for $44 (which didn't make mathematical sense). Then they had a 5 hour package and a few more expensive packages. I went with the one hour for $30 and it lasted me the entire cruise checking email once daily. It helps to use th internet during off peak hours for speed. I'd say the speed was decent for a cruise ship but not nearly as fast as the new zoom technology.

Unfortunately this is no longer true :(. I had a meeting with the cruise consultant yesterday and MSC has discontinued the voucher program. Now, you must know your exac sailing date and ship and put down a deposit

Thanks for the update, seems they're now doing it like all the other cruise lines. I wonder if you book it, can you change it when you get home? I guess I better hurry up and use mine. More cruises, here I come! :D

I wonder if you book it, can you change it when you get home? :D

I did ask this question. I was told that the deposit would transfer to a new booking (as long as you weren't within penalty period); but the obc bonus for booking on-board would not transfer :(.

Access for up to 2 devices to social networks, chat apps, email and web browsing with standard bandwidth priority. Limit of 170 MB per day / 800 MB per cruise**. You can post photos, but audio and video are not available. $11.00 per day / $33.00 per cruise*

I posted in the internet package thread, but, also wanted to post here. They are currently booking this on Divina, it is $35 for 2 devices for the week. I couldn't access my account to book it online, so , I emailed and got it booked today.

I posted in the internet package thread, but, also wanted to post here. They are currently booking this on Divina, it is $35 for 2 devices for the week. I couldn't access my account to book it online, so , I emailed and got it booked today.

What email address did you use to book the internet package? I'd like to do the same.

Here are my questions about the Divina..Do they serve lobster in the main dining room at no charge and if so what day. If you are at the Black loyalty level, and get a free specilaity dinner, do you order off same menus of the various restaurants or some other menu..if some other is it a full meal that you get? Do they serve shrimp cocktail in the main dining room. Can you get pizza complemtary all day or what are the hours. How was the club black party, and what drinks were available..The main diniing menus that I have seen, seem to be outdated..any chance you can get pictures of them..Wow..this will keep you busy for awhile..ha ha....

Edited after reading further on the vouchers.

Maxwell I would really, really appreciate if you can get those specialty restaurant photos. Any menus from the MDR would be appreciated too. I'm really wondering if I want that specialty dining package, especially for two cruises in a row. Thanks!

Edited by vicocala

Here are my questions about the Divina..Do they serve lobster in the main dining room at no charge and if so what day. If you are at the Black loyalty level, and get a free specilaity dinner, do you order off same menus of the various restaurants or some other menu..if some other is it a full meal that you get? Do they serve shrimp cocktail in the main dining room. Can you get pizza complemtary all day or what are the hours. How was the club black party, and what drinks were available..The main diniing menus that I have seen, seem to be outdated..any chance you can get pictures of them..Wow..this will keep you busy for awhile..ha ha....

Yes to the FREE lobster, I just dont remember what night this was.

IMG_1090.jpg

Edited after reading further on the vouchers.

Maxwell I would really, really appreciate if you can get those specialty restaurant photos. Any menus from the MDR would be appreciated too. I'm really wondering if I want that specialty dining package, especially for two cruises in a row. Thanks!

https://plucasana.wordpress.com/2015/11/23/msc-menus/

maybe this helps?

We are going on our first MSC cruise on May 7 and have a few questions (besides some that have already been asked).

Is there a charge for regular coffee?

Is there a charge for regular hot chocolate?

Is orange juice free - at least for breakfast?

How about tap water?

Is the dining room open every day for lunch?

What are the specialty restaurants available as part of the Black card package?

Thank you and have a great cruise!

Here are my questions about the Divina..Do they serve lobster in the main dining room at no charge and if so what day.

Just Back ! Divina 3/26 - Easter Cruise, Eastern.

Lobster was next to last night, so Thursday Night on Eastern Carib, could vary but it is second formal night. Same night as Baked Alaska. Without a doubt, the best lobster I have ever had at sea.(16 cruises) I ate multiple. On Italian night, for us wed., They ask you to wear Red, White or Green, and they had Tribute to Tiramisu, which was excellent.

As far as specialty restaurants, I would recommend first night. I find first night in MDR chaotic, as no one knows where they are seated...plus I found the first nights dinner in MDR okay at best, and the next 6 nights were much better.

Fire away with questions, please.

I have a couple more questions.

Is there free ice cream anywhere other than the dining room?

Regarding formal nights - I read that people are prohibited from being in any public area after 6 PM in shorts, t-shirts, jeans, etc. Basically that is to keep people dressed up all night and you can only be in the buffet. Hope so because we always stay dressed and hope that is enforced.

Thanks!