Multiple Cruises, or Suite Class. Looking for personal opinions.

We can cruise once and sometimes twice a year due to demands with work and school. In 2015 we did not cruise. If I could have the time to take six cruises a year, I would pick a regular cabin. Because I have limited time and some extra cash, we book suites. We enjoy the perks, larger space and multiple bathrooms.

I'm with this one. We can only go once or occasionally twice a year. Could the money we spend on a suite buy several balcony or OV cabins a year? Absolutely, but it doest work for us.

We are going on a B2B next month on Oasis. I did contemplated a suite for just one week instead, our 4-yr old daughter will be going with us and I was concern we might be at each other’s throats after a week, plus it’s our 25th Anniversary cruise. In the end though, the B2B won out. We were lucky enough to score a Family Stateroom w/Balcony (FB) which has a separate sleeping area for our daughter so that is a big plus. I think the only way I would choose a 1-week/suite cruise over a B2B is if the B2B was in an interior.

Hey All, As you can tell by my cruise history below, I've been very lucky to cruise a 2-3 times a year the past 5 years.

I'm up front, all of these have been booked at either interior rooms or ocean view, a couple have been balcony guarantee.

My question is for those who have been able to book suites, would it be worth cutting the number of cruises I take in half to have 1 cruise a year in a suite, or continue the course I'm on.

I'm sure there will be plenty of responses beginning with:

It's up to you...

Personal preference..

Depends on ports..

Depends on itinerary..

Depends on the ship..

I'm genuinely curious to ask the folks who are not retired, not overly wealthy, if they would trade the suite experience for double the cruises.

Thanks,

Chris

we only sail suites because we are willing to pay for the little extra touches and amenities. our availability to cruise varies each year so we really cannot say whether we would sail more often or not as long as finances remained stable.

half the time I don't even bother looking at the itinerary at all. for us departure port is our first consideration. That being said we do plan on choosing our next 2-3 based solely on Itinerary so it remains to be seen how we handle accommodations.

Currently, we can only cruise once a year for 7 or 8 nights (changing that next year!). So if we can swing a suite for that one cruise, we will definitely do it. Now if getting that suite would stop me from cruising more times during the same year, I wouldn't book the suite. Maybe try it just once, but I probably would not make it a regular thing if I could be cruising more.

This question is fresh on my mind as we just returned from our Navigator of Seas. We normally sale Balcony or Junior Suites.

When this cruise came up for 3 in Grand Suite we decided to splurge. We booked 3 adults in a Grand Suite.

We enjoyed "in suite dining a lot. We had our lobster delivered with all the trimmings. We ordered breakfast often.

Cabana at Barefoot Beach. What fun...felt like royalty.

Suite treats. Was neat coming back to suite for fruits, chocolate strawberries, or cheese.

Suite Lounge/Diamond Lounge..went once for coffee. Suite lounge doesn't compare with Diamond Lounge has windows.

Special walk off at end of cruise. Amit walked us right off ship. He had a couple of 'depart times'

all that being said we will not be able to do suite again unless I get a good deal.