OBC Wishful Thinking?

bigenna

We booked our cruise (15 day, Ocean View stateroom) using a FCD for each of us and the corresponding $75 OBC per person is showing on our Personalizer.

Subsequent price reductions and balcony staterooms were priced lower than we paid for our OV so our TA was able to get us upgraded.

Here is where the wishful thinking comes in : balcony OBC for using FCD is $100 p/p. Should we ask for additional OBC, specialty dinner or WHY?

Edited by bigenna

Basically you got a free upgrade & even when I paid for an upsell offer from inside to a deluxe balcony the answer my TA got was "no" when requesting additional OBC for our FCD nor any other type of increased benefits.

My TA was unable to get them to do it & other posts I've read had the same result...nothing extra for a free or paid upgrade.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We booked our cruise (15 day, Ocean View stateroom) using a FCD for each of us and the corresponding $75 OBC per person is showing on our Personalizer.

Subsequent price reductions and balcony staterooms were priced lower than we paid for our OV so our TA was able to get us upgraded.

Here is where the wishful thinking comes in : balcony OBC for using FCD is $100 p/p. Should we ask for additional OBC, specialty dinner or WHY?

If you were upgraded because you changed your reservation to book a balcony instead of an oceanview -- the answer is yes! You should get the OBC based on the cabin you booked. They've done it for me several times.

If the upgrade was just given to you after final payment or if there was an upsell, then no, it wouldn't be increased. I would call my TA and ask. What have you got to lose.

Was this a free or paid upgrade?

If the current offer from Princess to the general public is $x with $y of OBC, one would think that you should be able to get that deal.

If Princess is giving you an upgrade opportunity that is not available to be booked by the general public, that's a different story.

Edited by richmke

Was this a free or paid upgrade?

If the current offer from Princess to the general public is $x with $y of OBC, one would think that you should be able to get that deal.

If Princess is giving you an upgrade opportunity that is not available to be booked by the general public, that's a different story.

It was a FREE upgrade... after final payment. So, it makes sense that Princess wouldn't give additional perks, why would they? The only time that makes sense for Princess to add to the OBC is when a passenger pays full price (not an upsell) for upgrading his or her cabin.

Sounds like it wasn't an upgrade, it was you changing your reservation to a higher category that happened to be cheaper. You should get the increased OBC. This is the same as cancelling a reservation and rebooking (although probably would not work if you were after final payment).

Sounds like it wasn't an upgrade, it was you changing your reservation to a higher category that happened to be cheaper. You should get the increased OBC. This is the same as cancelling a reservation and rebooking (although probably would not work if you were after final payment).

Way past final payment....

The requested upgrade was after final payment. We paid more for our original category than the upgrade was selling for - about $50 per person. I am well aware that Princess did not even have to grant us the request to move to a higher category as it was after final payment so I am not stressing at all about about money back, extra OBC, or any other perk. I am grateful to be in a balcony as we did not have one originally.

Based on the differing responses here though I might just email our TA and ask the question. After that - que Sara, sara.

Wow! That takes a great big set! Not only you got a check of a great deal, but you still want more!

I wouldn't have the chutzpah to ask for this.... but that's me.

Oh I am sure you do.