‘But Who’s Running Canada?!’ - Freedom of the Seas March 13 2016 Review

Great review so much great info! I am one of those Disney nuts - been going back every year since 2001 but have booked our first cruise every on RCI for next march on the Harmony (DH said go big or no go). So my question is how far in advance did you book a day pass at a hotel for the trip?

I loved your review! It's very honest and loved your Disney comparison. We, too, have sailed Disney. If you're a Disney fan as we are, it's a must do. Like, you, though, I'd much rather sail Royal multiple times[emoji3] Two weeks from now we will be sailing her and you have given me several things to think about[emoji848]

You will love the Oasis! The Water Show is incredible plus a true Broadway show. Plus Jelly will have her freestyle machine[emoji7] My hubby can't wait to book Oasis again!

Great review so much great info! I am one of those Disney nuts - been going back every year since 2001 but have booked our first cruise every on RCI for next march on the Harmony (DH said go big or no go). So my question is how far in advance did you book a day pass at a hotel for the trip?

Great question. Keep in mind that I'm super-compulsive, and believe that earlier is always better (although that isn't always true!). I booked our Cozumel Melia Beach Resort day pass on 6/1/15 and the Royal Palms day pass on 9/17/15 (I don't think they let me do it any sooner). So nine months and six months out. I have no clue if they ever sell out (ie what happens if you wait to book).

Have fun on Harmony!

I loved your review! It's very honest and loved your Disney comparison. We, too, have sailed Disney. If you're a Disney fan as we are, it's a must do. Like, you, though, I'd much rather sail Royal multiple times[emoji3] Two weeks from now we will be sailing her and you have given me several things to think about[emoji848]

You will love the Oasis! The Water Show is incredible plus a true Broadway show. Plus Jelly will have her freestyle machine[emoji7] My hubby can't wait to book Oasis again!

Thanks! Yeah, I really struggled with making the jump from Disney to Royal, and I figured it had to be something others were going through ('Did I make the right decision?', 'Have I just totally wasted my money?', etc.). If you have any other questions just let me know.

That was WICKED AWESOME!!!! I LOVED YOUR REVIEW (yes, I'm shouting!!!!)

It was so much fun reliving the cruise through your eyes! Love your writing style!!!! I was actually sad to reach the end!

I'm going to have to save this one just to read when I'm having cruise withdrawal.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Great question. Keep in mind that I'm super-compulsive, and believe that earlier is always better (although that isn't always true!). I booked our Cozumel Melia Beach Resort day pass on 6/1/15 and the Royal Palms day pass on 9/17/15 (I don't think they let me do it any sooner). So nine months and six months out. I have no clue if they ever sell out (ie what happens if you wait to book).

Have fun on Harmony!

Thanks for the info - super compulsive is my middle name! I've been dealing with Disney for 15 years - I'm super trained to planning a vacation.

Bravo, I enjoyed every minute of that review and I will be looking for you next year!

We have decided to make a cruise our spring break (or thereabouts) vacation and I'm just waiting for a pesky work commitment to be rescheduled off the calendar before we can book 2017, grrrr. Since we love just driving to a port and not worrying about flights, transfers, etc., I thought about sailing Disney out of Galveston for about 2 seconds but I just can bear to pay that much more for a cruise and also I worry about all the kids we would encounter. So we may very well do this itinerary one more time and try to make GC before we have to start flying and cruising from Florida.

Thanks again and can't wait to see how you like the Oasis!

LOL thanks.

This is all I have to say about our current political situation...

12809715_996361440410887_4846653803500164413_n.jpg

(isn't he just precious?!)

Really loved the review and am rethinking doing Oasis class thanks in large part to your review of my favourite Freedom class ship and about our PM....

Nice hair tho.....

Edited by CanadaRob
spelling of course

That was WICKED AWESOME!!!! I LOVED YOUR REVIEW (yes, I'm shouting!!!!)

It was so much fun reliving the cruise through your eyes! Love your writing style!!!! I was actually sad to reach the end!

I'm going to have to save this one just to read when I'm having cruise withdrawal.

Thanks so much for sharing!

LMAO YOU'RE WELCOME! I still have about 600 pictures I could share, maybe I'll come back randomly and update more photos :).

Bravo, I enjoyed every minute of that review and I will be looking for you next year!

We have decided to make a cruise our spring break (or thereabouts) vacation and I'm just waiting for a pesky work commitment to be rescheduled off the calendar before we can book 2017, grrrr. Since we love just driving to a port and not worrying about flights, transfers, etc., I thought about sailing Disney out of Galveston for about 2 seconds but I just can bear to pay that much more for a cruise and also I worry about all the kids we would encounter. So we may very well do this itinerary one more time and try to make GC before we have to start flying and cruising from Florida.

Thanks again and can't wait to see how you like the Oasis!

Disney is just SO FREAKING HARD on the wallet! Interestingly I found the kids (for the most part) pretty well-behaved and not all over the place; I think because they have such a great kids club.

Ummm... I think maybe RCI needs to hire you to write some reviews for them. :D

LOVED reading your review and looking at all of the pictures. We were on the Freedom in 2014 and hubby and I will be returning this July- just the two of us! Darling Daughter, who is a bit older than Jelly ;), will be heading to Governor's School (we're from NC) for 6 weeks this summer so she'll miss out on a super fun trip.

Hope you have a blast on Oasis next year. We were on the Allure in '11 and loved it. Would really love to take my parents and brother on it as well as my dad and brother are engineers and would marvel at the ship from the engineering POV, I believe.

Thanks again for such an entertaining and informative review! :)

Wonderful review! Its made me even more excited for our Freedom cruise in May. My daughter and I have been cruising together since she was 2, and she is 19 now! We have done Carnival, Disney and RCL, and RCL is our favorite. Each cruise line has its pluses and minuses, but I agree, overall RCL is the most comprehensive. But I will say - LOVE Chefs Table on Carnival and Brunch in Palo on Disney are my two favorite places to eat:)

Freedom class is our favorite class - but I will be looking for your Oasis review next year. Maybe you can convince me to try one on Oasis!

Thank you very much for your lovely review. Enjoyed it tremendously!

Freedom was our very first cruise, and therefore she holds a special spot in our hearts. We're going to take her to Europe next year. You get me all excited about a cruise which is further than a year away!

You are going to love Oasis. I can just imagine Jelly on the carousel riding a tiger.

Awesome Review!! Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing trip and experiences with us.😀 And I must say Jelly is pretty darn cute! This really helped me choose between Royal palms or Calico jacks,I'm going with Royal Palm, the beach looks beautiful. Thank you!

...Another great cruise review will be coming next March when Cathi and Jelly take to the high seas again, this time on the Oasis.

Hilarious! I read it in that 70's TV sitcom announcer voice that would give you a preview on next week's episode. LOL! :D

Thanks everyone for all the kind words, y'all are making me blush (which is good, I need the warmth; we got a foot of snow Sunday and I just want to be back in Cozumel wahhhhhhh!).

Seriously Palo brunch - omfg. Ridiculous. Agree.

As you can probably guess, Jelly is not a girly-girl; she's a Minecraft-loving, dress-hating hot mess. She's lost teeth in Canada, the US, and Cuba; we were really hoping for another country on Freedom but no luck. Fingers crossed for Oasis!

Ahahaha....

"Will Cathi top her Banana Colada/cheese roll record? Will Jelly ride the Dragon's Tail? Just how much sun tan lotion is too much to pack? Find out the answers on next year's Oasis!"

Really, I had six different bottles of lotion, from minis to full-size, it was a little excessive.

So after the Beer & Desperation Stew that was the adult pool
This cracked me up.

Loved the review. We did the same itinerary on FOS October 2014 for our only, so far, cruise. Enjoyed reliving it through your eyes. And I really appreciated the well thought out comparison to Disney. We are Disney people but could not see spending the extra $$. Glad to hear your thoughts.

So I've never sailed RCI, and I'm an Aussie so the likelihood of a Caribbean cruise is pretty low, but your review is one of the best I've read. Love the way you and your gorgeous girl embrace life!

I also want to congratulate you on your drinking effort. We have complimentary premium drinks packages on our next cruise (in 5weeks, 4days) and I reckon you've given me a target to aim for! Thanks for the fun read, Cathi :)

So I've never sailed RCI, and I'm an Aussie so the likelihood of a Caribbean cruise is pretty low, but your review is one of the best I've read. Love the way you and your gorgeous girl embrace life!

I also want to congratulate you on your drinking effort. We have complimentary premium drinks packages on our next cruise (in 5weeks, 4days) and I reckon you've given me a target to aim for! Thanks for the fun read, Cathi :)

It's important to have goals :).