Majesty 3/14 -A Kiss Goodbye & a few slaps in the face

Ahhh English Lit AND Spinal Tap. You are truly a literate person. I learned most of my stuff from Classic Comics. :)

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope I got an "A".:D

Edited by JohnGaltny

I have never understood why the Majesty did Nassau, CoCo Key, and Key West, instead of Key West, CoCo Key, and Nassau.

It's a pain, when a ship "re-enters" the U.S. before its final port of call. There were issues on the Jewel, when it docked at Bar Harbor after 2 ports of call in the Canadian Maritimes.

I agree that I'm done with the Caribbean, and I've only done the Bahamas, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. I'm a history buff, and my wife was a history major. Yet, Caribbean islands don't have a lot of historical attractions, when compared to Europe or the U.S.

Shopping in the Caribbean isn't like shopping for sweaters in Iceland or finding a nice billed cap at a small men's store in London. My son can never find much in the Caribbean, but he bought a lot of Viking-themed items in Norway on our Brilliance cruise last summer.

Adventure used to do this (with a lot more people aboard) same PITA routine when arriving at St. Thomas, after having been to St. Maarten, on its way back to San Juan. They stopped doing it long ago so I'm surprised that it is happening in Key West.

I have always wanted to go to Key West on a ship. When RCI sent a Voyager class ship there once for 5 minutes to see if it would fit I thought I'd soon have a chance but they never sent one back there again.:rolleyes:

Thanks JTB. Really glad you enjoyed it.

I agree that this trip was probably it for Majesty. I'm not sure if dropping a lot of the planned renovations means RCI will drop the prices back to current levels but, either way, Port Canaveral is our absolutely last choice in Florida. Plus losing Key West makes her itinerary pretty much useless to us.:(

There's always the enchantment, which is taking over Majesty's itinerary. She was my first ever RCCL. You never forget your first.....................................

Edited by clean1owner

Hey York, I was wondering where you were.

I didn't say it was my last review but I did say we are taking 2017 off to save for the Barcelona cruise in 2018.

Never fear. I'll start working on my 6th warning as soon as possible.

Now let's see your next one soon.

Hey York, I was wondering where you were.

I didn't say it was my last review but I did say we are taking 2017 off to save for the Barcelona cruise in 2018.

Never fear. I'll start working on my 6th warning as soon as possible.

Now let's see your next one soon.

Good to hear. I was getting nervous there for a second.

Hopefully I'll have another review this July. Although I doubt it will be live since I hear the Grandeur wifi is atrocious.

Good to hear. I was getting nervous there for a second.

Hopefully I'll have another review this July. Although I doubt it will be live since I hear the Grandeur wifi is atrocious.

Maybe Royal will come through and will have installed Voom on GR by then.

I gave up on the idea of LIVE 2 days into my first cruise. Too hit and miss on ship WiFi.

I like my stuff to be fairly close together so people don't have to scroll through too many comments. Don't get me wrong, I love getting the comments (even the favorable ones) but I find it distracting when I read one.

I understand VROOM is going fleetwide but the "FREE" has been deleted from the Majesty announcement.

I appreciate those who say they will miss these little stories but I am not leaving the boards. I will still add my addled witticisms (my wife says I'm half right) where I see the reason. Also, I would never leave and make that many people that happy. :p

Enjoyed reading through this thread. I enjoyed your replies to the followers even more. :D

If your wife says your half right about your addled witticisms could it be misconstrued that they are "half witticisms"? :p

I just got off the Majesty this morning. Clearly, she needs a refurbishment. About the only area that didn't look tired and worn was the MDR on Deck 3. From the Windjammer to our JS to the Schooner Bar to the theater, it was clear how long it has been since the Majesty has been in dry dock for a major refurbishment.

That said, the crew was outstanding, very, very friendly and helpful. And, they were able to handle a lot of issues. The weather at Coco Cay went south, such that the decision was made just after 12pm to evacuate the island and head for Key West. Then, we had to divert to Miami because of a medical emergency. Then, we were about 35 minutes late out of Key West, because of yet another medical emergency, calling an ambulance to the pier. Finally, the late show on Thursday was cancelled, because of technical problems in the theater.

My only complaint is that the Majesty no longer offers the checking of baggage through to a passenger's final destination via air. That was a bit of a pain having to claim the bag off the carousel in the cruise terminal, schlep it out to the bus, and haul it up to ticketing at Miami International.

... My only complaint is that the Majesty no longer offers the checking of baggage through to a passenger's final destination via air. That was a bit of a pain having to claim the bag off the carousel in the cruise terminal, schlep it out to the bus, and haul it up to ticketing at Miami International.

This is interesting, I wonder if Majesty will once again offer Luggage Valet when she gets to Port Canaveral.

Enjoyed reading through this thread. I enjoyed your replies to the followers even more. :D

If your wife says your half right about your addled witticisms could it be misconstrued that they are "half witticisms"? :p

No misconstruing about it.

The Majesty was my first cruise as an adult. Thank you for your very enjoyable and engaging review that took me back to 1997 and the classic cruise experience. Many things have changed but I still enjoy a good cruise, especially on the "smaller" ships.