Majesty 3/14 -A Kiss Goodbye & a few slaps in the face

No worries A&L.

I am not leaving the board and I think I'll have a new semi-psychotic rage in 2018, this time in Europe if there is one left by then.

Is that anyone left left in Europe, anyone left for your psychotic rage, anyone left on CC or a combo of all three? :D

No worries A&L.

I am not leaving the board and I think I'll have a new semi-psychotic rage in 2018, this time in Europe if there is one left by then.

Cockroaches and I will always be around waiting for your next review not matter what.

Edited by Yorkvillain

I recall comparing one of your previous reviews to the meandering thoughts of Thompson. A little bit of pure Gonzo. And on Cruise Critic of all bizarre places. No matter. The real point is that I enjoyed every well placed word, fine craftsmanship! Maybe our paths will cross one day and we'll go on a weird bender throughout some unsuspecting town on St. Homogenized.

Edited by DarthGrady

I recall comparing one of your previous reviews to the meandering thoughts of Thompson. A little bit of pure Gonzo. And on Cruise Critic of all bizarre places. No matter. The real point is that I enjoyed every well placed word, fine craftsmanship! Maybe our paths will cross one day and we'll go on a weird bender throughout some unsuspecting town on St. Homogenized.

No fair Grady. That St. Homogenized line is better than anything I wrote. I may report you for Hijacking this thread by better humor.:D

My literary inspirations were, of course, Herr Doktor, Lewis Grizzard, a bit of PJ O'Rourke and the lyricist for The Archies.

Of course, Gonzo Journalism meant being in the story instead of just reporting it so, in a sense, ANY review is Gonzo writing. Some of us just have a bit weirder vision of it than others. In my case, Meclazine, Scopolamine and Jack Daniels have replaced mushrooms, grass and acid. The penalties of age.

Just last night booked a September cruise on (OMG) Carnival :eek: so, given our last experience with the fun ships, I should have plenty to rant about. As the song goes -- See You in September".

I didn't say it was my last review but I did say we are taking 2017 off to save for the Barcelona cruise in 2018.

Never fear. I'll start working on my 6th warning as soon as possible.

John, I have been patiently waiting for this review, and as usual, it had me in tears....but the good kind...:D

The Med out of Barcelona has been on my bucket list for awhile, but I just may wait until after your sailing, so I really know what I am in for!

Hope those steak knives arrive soon....;)

Chris

LOL Thanks Chris. I've made many people cry, rarely the good kind, so that's refreshing.

I've been clean ever since I started putting that warning in my first post of a review. Either I'm getting mellow or SOPO and the Carribots (great name for a band) have given up.

I keep checking the mail everyday for my steak knives. So far nothing. Hmmmmm.

Hopefully we will do Barcelona as planned but who knows. If we do, I will definitely keep your data requirements in mind.

Edited by JohnGaltny

Thanks Linda. Glad I didn't waste your 1/2 hour.:D

I have no idea how you found me. I expected this review would be on page 8 by now.

Hi John,

I am going to be in Nassau for the first time on April 23rd and went searching for things to do which led to ships that go to Nassau which led to reviews of those ships. Your title was intriguing so I clicked on it and knew instantly I was in for a treat. There will be 4 ships in port that day with 11,000 plus passengers, which makes a good case for staying on board. I'm trying to find a good tour of the city with stops at places of interest and history, but so far no luck. I'm not a beach person and since the drinks on Norwegian Sky are free not interested in bar hopping. Plus I am just recovering from chemotherapy and need to keep the activity level to 'easy'. Have you ever done a city tour? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi John,

I am going to be in Nassau for the first time on April 23rd and went searching for things to do which led to ships that go to Nassau which led to reviews of those ships. Your title was intriguing so I clicked on it and knew instantly I was in for a treat. There will be 4 ships in port that day with 11,000 plus passengers, which makes a good case for staying on board. I'm trying to find a good tour of the city with stops at places of interest and history, but so far no luck. I'm not a beach person and since the drinks on Norwegian Sky are free not interested in bar hopping. Plus I am just recovering from chemotherapy and need to keep the activity level to 'easy'. Have you ever done a city tour? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Linda,

Let me start by saying I hope the chemo is well tolerated and leads to full remission. Good luck.

As for Nassau, I wish I could be more help but, as you can tell from all my reviews, I am not a big fan. I guess I can suggest some of the less expensive things at Paradise Island (like the Aquarium) or just walking the public areas.

As for the Island itself, I am not a beach person either, and I have never found anything to interest me. If you walk off the ship there are horse carriage "tours" right at the dock but what exactly there is to see is questionable. The most amusing thing I ever saw in Nassau was when we went with 4 models and based out of the small quad in front of Government House. It was a blast watching one police car circle the block for 3 hours. :D Other than that, nada.

Maybe try the "Ports of Call" forum for more help that I have been.

Edited by JohnGaltny

If I was a nicer person I would pay for your cruises just to read the reviews. Perhaps we'll find you on trip advisor instead :)

Why thanks. You never know, maybe if you go I'll Pay for the cruise. LOLOL

Cruz does that mean I got a zero on this one?;)

Thanks again everyone.

Sound like a go fund me ... ( Well John actually ) page , just to get him back on a cruise ship so we can enjoy the next review , I'm in for 20.00 unless it's a ship I'm on then could go as high as 25.00 LOL

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sound like a go fund me ... ( Well John actually ) page , just to get him back on a cruise ship so we can enjoy the next review , I'm in for 20.00 unless it's a ship I'm on then could go as high as 25.00 LOL

Will be on Carnival Sunshine (shudder) in September. Care to join us to go see the fog in Canada?

Edited by JohnGaltny

Will be on Carnival Sunshine (shudder) in September. Care to join us to go see the fog in Canada?

How about rhapsody sept 2017 New York, to Quebec City. Ends on my turf .....less fog more seafood

Edited by Funbobby68

Always a possibility FunBobby

Where is Rhapsody out of??

Sept 8 2017 out of Cape Liberty . Sailing with be totally void of all drink umbrellas

Ship Name: Rhapsody Of The Seas

Departure Port: Cape Liberty, New Jersey

Ports of Call: Cape Liberty, New Jersey; Boston, Massachusetts; Portland, Maine; Rockland, Maine; Bar Harbor, Maine; Saint John, New Brunswick; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Sydney, Nova Scotia; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; Quebec

Keep me posted ..... Judging by early research of hotels in Manhattan and transit from New Jersey. Plan is a hotel in the city ...... Wife burst out laughing when I told her some of the hotels have shared bathrooms [emoji33]

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

What shall I do without a JGNY review? SailorJack has been MIA for awhile too.Thanks as always for a splendid review - although you were a little too PC this time. We too miss Key West as a stop - wish Royal would find a way to get more ships back there.

He just turned up - his latest review is on the Carnival board. Look for his experience trying to buy a Mexican blanket.:D