Boarding - Do you keep your carry on bag?

sjmbruce

After lots of cruises, I have never heard of this.

Wouldn't want to utilize it with a bag with meds/camera/electronics, but interesting.

gary

I know they had this for my Norwegian/North Sea cruise on the Star in 2014. It was in the Asian restaurant, if I remember correctly.

--Michael

My current plan is to check my case of water with a luggage tag taped to it, and walk on with my standard-sized rolling carry on.

I do plan on going for a Vibe pass, so this means I will be toting my suitcase around for awhile until rooms are ready. I will go somewhere besides the buffet for that first lunch. (which I was going to do anyway.) I understand this would be a great time to hit Margaritaville, yes?

Edited by EleventyBangBang

so is checkin on a ship about the same as airport. im gathering so from this thread. metal detectors. all that good stuff.

Metal detectors. Xrayed baggage (looking for both weapons and contraband - alcohol).

Same will be true of your checked luggage. Weapons or alcohol will send your bags to the naughty room where you will have to collect it after sailing.

Are the bags that you check typically in your room when your room is ready? Or do they come later? Wondering if I need to keep a change of clothes for dinner the first night in my carton.

Bags should be in your cabin sometime between 2:30 - 5 (rarely before that). Resort casual is the dress code so no need for anything too fancy but a clean shirt/top makes one feel better anyway.

Are the bags that you check typically in your room when your room is ready? Or do they come later? Wondering if I need to keep a change of clothes for dinner the first night in my carton.

On first night the tighter dress codes for dinner are not enforced because not all might get their bags before that.

IIRC they will write down your report of a missing bag only if you haven't gotten it by 7pm, but is isn't that unusual for some bags only come later, between 5pm and 7pm.

Generally we have received ours usually by 3pm to 5pm.