ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining?

Absolutely nothing.

Yes, I expect nothing, but wouldn't we all be pleasantly surprised if I got a reply!

After all, eventually they will have to address the issue especially after the Maitre D on the Anthem was quoted as to what would happen after April 30th.

Wow. I guess that's the final word. Thank you for investigating and reporting back.

No, the final word would be an actual press release from Royal Caribbean, something nobody has yet posted in this thread since the original claim was made. Let me know when that happens, then I'll worry about this change.

If I had a dollar for every rumor I've seen about any number of things (cruises, movies, amusement parks, sports, etc.) that wind up being complete bunk throughout my life, I could afford the Owner's Suite on my Anthem cruise in October... where I can still book my dining any time I want in any of the four complimentary dining rooms.

If I'm wrong, I'll gladly admit it, but until I see something coming from RCI on their website, or sent directly to my email from RCI customer service or my travel agent, I'll take it with the usual baseball-sized grain of salt that I take most "confirmations" I see on message boards with no backup from a credible source.

Believe me when I say that the change in dining on Anthem is definitely not an April Fools joke. It's going to happen........just don't know when. You can be sure that if I hear anything more I will definitely post it here.

And a huge "you're welcome"to all those that have expressed thanks for the limited information I've been able to provide.:)

Believe me when I say that the change in dining on Anthem is definitely not an April Fools joke. It's going to happen........just don't know when. You can be sure that if I hear anything more I will definitely post it here.

And a huge "you're welcome"to all those that have expressed thanks for the limited information I've been able to provide.:)

Hi to you and Jim. Who is with Ricky in the CL? Filip? Is Andrew in the Diamond Lounge?

Hi to you and Jim. Who is with Ricky in the CL? Filip? Is Andrew in the Diamond Lounge?

Filip is in the CL along with Dionne Sara Jolly. Dionne will be here until August.

I've only been in the DL twice and no one was at the desk because it was in the afternoon. I'll find out who is there.

You would think that if they were going to try any of these rumored changes they might try it on Ovation (no precedent to overcome) - somehow I don't see that happening. Actually, the most telling thing about the future of DD in the fleet will be the decor and naming of the MDR venue(s) on Harmony.;)

Sorry, but until anyone can say when they will release an official statement or provide a link to a press release on their webpage, I'm remaining skeptical, and it has nothing to do with me thinking it's for April Fools. The Orbiter of the Galaxies was an April Fools joke, this is just something being stated as a fact by one person with no other corroborating information to back up the claim.

I highly doubt that Royal Caribbean would make such a drastic change with less than 30 days notice. There are tens of thousands of people who have passed the point of no return with their final payment who will be affected by this, and I don't see Royal upsetting that apple cart, no matter how many people have supposedly complained about Dynamic Dining.

My final payment was due today for my June cruise. I had my travel agent call her Royal Caribbean rep. The reply was there were no changes planned.

Since they are denying at final payment, it would be a bad move to change after receiving final payment.

Sorry, but until anyone can say when they will release an official statement or provide a link to a press release on their webpage, I'm remaining skeptical, and it has nothing to do with me thinking it's for April Fools. The Orbiter of the Galaxies was an April Fools joke, this is just something being stated as a fact by one person with no other corroborating information to back up the claim.

I highly doubt that Royal Caribbean would make such a drastic change with less than 30 days notice. There are tens of thousands of people who have passed the point of no return with their final payment who will be affected by this, and I don't see Royal upsetting that apple cart, no matter how many people have supposedly complained about Dynamic Dining.

It's not just people who have passed final payment however.

Anyone who specifically selected "Dynamic Dining Choice" when booking will be entitled to something due to the fact the end product isn't what they ordered. And for those of us who have shelled out for flights and now have really not much choice but to cruise, plus the fact UK deposits don't allow you to change around any part of the holiday except for cabin upgrades, well we are stuck.

My final payment was due today for my June cruise. I had my travel agent call her Royal Caribbean rep. The reply was there were no changes planned.

Since they are denying at final payment, it would be a bad move to change after receiving final payment.

Like I said before, if and when they announce a change, i doubt it will be effective immediately. With the alleged announcement will probably come an effective date.

I think having every restaurant split every night between Classic DD and DD is difficult for the cooks and servers. This in effect creates not optimum service in the dinning rooms.

I think RC should make any two restaurants Classic DD on any giving night, meaning the whole restaurant is Classic DD for the night. Then the other two could be DD for the night. As RC rotates the Classic DD dinning room each night, then that will free up two other restaurant for DD.

For example: Let's say the four venues are Grande (G), Chic ©, American Icon (AI) and Silk (S). If there are two restaurants serving Classic DD on any given night.... lets call them Groups 1 and 2

On night Group 1 & 2 will dine in venues G & C for Classic DD and venues AI & S are DD

Night two Group 1 & 2 will dine in venues C & AI for Classic DD and venue S & G will be DD

Night three Group 1 & 2 will dine in venues AI & S for Classic DD and venue G & C will be DD

Night four Group 1 & 2 will dine in venues S & G for Classic DD and venue C & AI will be DD

This rotation will repeat. The serving staff assigned to Groups 1 & 2 will move from restaurant to restaurant with their group.

This would be similar to what is being done when they introduced Classic DD to the Anthem except now on any given night only two restaurants will be serving Classic all the others will be DD.

Most dinning times will remain as booked except the venue where we dine may change. This will allow everyone an opportunity to try every dinning venue as advertised.

For example my family is doing DD, we have the Grande booked for night one. According to the schedule above I would not be able to eat in the Grande until night 2 or 3. I am OK with that, I just don't want to be assigned to the same Restaurant every night......that is not what I purchased. I don't care what night I eat in any venue I just want an opportunity to try them all at least once!

Anyone who specifically selected "Dynamic Dining Choice" when booking will be entitled to something due to the fact the end product isn't what they ordered. And for those of us who have shelled out for flights and now have really not much choice but to cruise, plus the fact UK deposits don't allow you to change around any part of the holiday except for cabin upgrades, well we are stuck.

The ticket contract is so cruise line sided, they can change virtually anything and not owe you a thing. They certainly don't owe you anything (legally speaking) if they decide to change the menu. Under the DD Choice (or Classic for that matter), there's no guarantee what menu you will get - they could change it every sailing if they wanted to. Of course it would be a bad PR move, but a certain menu is not an "entitlement" - just like the Shiitake menu (which I look forward to on every sailing) is not an entitlement in the rest of the fleet.

I was trying to book dining for Anthem cruise April 2017. No choices at all to pick from. I could choose a year out for my cruise on the Anthem this past March. Something is up. I love Dynamic Dining but think food and choices could be improved. If they go to MTD perhaps they can have classic choices then focus on specials each evening. Change it up each evening.

I was trying to book dining for Anthem cruise April 2017. No choices at all to pick from. I could choose a year out for my cruise on the Anthem this past March. Something is up. I love Dynamic Dining but think food and choices could be improved. If they go to MTD perhaps they can have classic choices then focus on specials each evening. Change it up each evening.

That is way too early to jump to conclusions. I could book those with 90 days to go

They have "classic" choices on each of the menus now. Menus on DD, menus on regular ships. You can always access these alternate choices any night of your cruise, regardless of ship or location on the ship.

Done, Email sent, we will see what happens.

To my surprise, I actually got a response to the email I sent. I don't know much more, but they did answer in less than a day. Here is the response:

I hope you are great. I know you are looking forward to your Anthem of the Seas sailing in July. Michael shared your email with. Nice to e-meet you. I also wanted to introduce you to Millie who runs the Crown and Anchor Society. We look forward to welcoming you back this Summer.

As you know we have been tracking very closely the feedback our guests, especially our most loyal like yourself, have given us about Dynamic Dining.

Many of our guests do love the variety of Dynamic Dining choices available with each night featuring a different venue and cuisine.

However, many also preferred the ease of a cruise vacation and the single dining choice they had to make, as on the remainder of our fleet.

We certainly are thinking through potential modifications and if they are to be made Millie and I will reach out personally to you.

All the best,

Mark

Mark Tamis

SVP, Hotel Operations

Royal Caribbean International

Sounds like what Patti said might come to fruition.

Steve

To Ocav,

Why would you be entitled to OBC for choosing Dynamic Dining. What you chose is the ability to go to 4 different restaurants at the time of your choosing. I chose classic, the ability to go to 4 different restaurants at a set time daily. According to your logic that OBC should be given, to be fair it should then be given to all passengers. That is not going to happen in my opinoin, nor should it.

To Ocav,

Why would you be entitled to OBC for choosing Dynamic Dining. What you chose is the ability to go to 4 different restaurants at the time of your choosing. I chose classic, the ability to go to 4 different restaurants at a set time daily. According to your logic that OBC should be given, to be fair it should then be given to all passengers. That is not going to happen in my opinoin, nor should it.

Okay then. Yeah, everyone would be, however with European customers, Royal would legally have to give compensation if anything was said, simply because the product is not the same

At the end of the day, the products I've booked won't be delivered, why should I still shell out hard earned money for that?

For us DD is working out well. But then, we are not known to complain about the small stuff. We just kind of go with the flow!!:D

It appears that many C&A Members complained. Remember when Diamond Members complained back in 2009 about being excommunicated from the CL. Management listened and a Diamond Event was created.

I was told last night that when DD is eliminated and Traditional and MTD go into effect Coastal Kitchen (which is currently for Gold Card Holders and JS for dinner only) and Solarium Bistro (which is currently for anyone) will be for Gold Card Holders (Suite Guests and PC Members) only.

I believe that this change is going to tie in with the new Royal Suite Program when it goes into effect in May.

Patti,am I reading this right. Both Solarium Bistro and CK are for suites?

I am so unhappy about them doing away with DD. We loved it on Quantum and was looking forward to it on Anthem. Very disappointed in Royals decision on this.

Plus there are 8 of us and we spent lots of time reserving our restaurants and times. Not happy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by beachbuddy

Patti,am I reading this right. Both Solarium Bistro and CK are for suites?

I am so unhappy about them doing away with DD. We loved it on Quantum and was looking forward to it on Anthem. Very disappointed in Royals decision on this.

Plus there are 8 of us and we spent lots of time reserving our restaurants and times. Not happy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If everyone who is unhappy about the latest revision to DD wrote or emailed RCCL they might rethink any changes.

It doesn't take any more time to compose an email then it does to post here and probably has a greater impact.

Just sayin

It doesn't just effect "Dynamic Dining Choice", it effects "traditional" as well. Regardless if you opted to eat every day at 8:30 or choose your dining time, we were all told we would be rotated throughout 4 different dining rooms with different menus. Therefore I seriously doubt RCI is going to give everyone on the ship anything as every single person on that ship will be effected.

Is your cruise contract different in the UK from the one in the US?