Do they open the roof of the solarium on the Anthem?

Herby

The Solarium does not have a retractable roof but they do have an 'indoor' pool area with a retractable roof.

As for whether or not they open it during warmer weather I will soon find out....I'll be sailing on her in May.

When we sailed on her sister ship the Quantum last March, the roof remained closed the whole time... even when we reached the Caribbean.

They also have an outdoor pool area.

On Radiance class ships with "retractable roofs", they've NEVER opened them...a big downfall, IMO! I won't sail a Radiance class again, because of that.

I had them open it on Jewel, but that was only because they had just repainted the pool and the fumes were pretty strong for people walking through. But that was only open about 6'.

On the Anthem in nice weather they can and do open the roof over the indoor pool area. Not the Solarium though but the windows open in there. It's very nice when the roof is open!

Yay!! This is so good to hear. Ive been wondering the same thing. It seems like a beautiful area (indoor pool) but when I'm cruising in the Caribbean hot sun I don't want to be "inside".