Goldstein not concerned about terrorism

cot427

Would anyone really expected him to say anything else? Imagine the repercussions if he had said he was concerned. How would RCI been able to deny refunds to anyone who requested them based on such a statement from him? Sorry, but to expect any other answer from him on the subject would have left people shaking their heads in disbelief.

I am quite sure that any executive of an cruise line, airline, etc., dreads that something terrorist related could happen but that will never be said out loud other than in a board room.

Like you, I would probably move forward with my European sailings if I had any booked. I do differ with you however, regarding Mr. Goldstein. Without knowing him personallly, I'd like to believe that he's not quite that callous and insensitive.

He's not at ALL callous or insensitive! I sent him an email back in 2009 (when he was still president of RCCL) before an upcoming cruise. While he didn't give me the free upgrade I was asking for (not that I expected him to), he responded kindly, and we began an email dialogue. This was at a particularly difficult time in my life, and he was always encouraging and helped to remind me of my strength. When I was down in Miami in 2013 to accept an award for my new book, he did not have availability on his schedule. Both he and his assistant came in to the office early just to meet and chat with me. I will be forever grateful to Mr. Goldstein for simply responding to my emails during that difficult time, and I'm now honored to call him my friend. Very few CEOs of mega companies would have taken the time to do so. With his new job, it's FAR more difficult for him to respond, and we communicate very infrequently. However, I know the kind of person he is, and nobody will ever convince me otherwise. As for the money he earns, I certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for all that falls under his job description!

And yet, here you are on the Royal Caribbean forum. Why? If you despise him so much and have such a deep personal issue with him, I would assume you would stop cruising RC and would thus have no interest in this forum. :confused:

I agree. I can't imagine continuing to do business with a company with which I have had a "personal issue" with such a high-ranking executive. Seems very hypocritical.

We have 2 Europe cruises booked and recent events will do nothing to change our plans.

As to Adam Goldstein and his comments, why should he be concerned. He is raking in his millions while sitting comfortably in his leather chair in Miami.

Adam G. doesn't live in Miami!.....:rolleyes:

First, he is not the CEO anymore. Second, yes I have a personal issue with him, as does my family. The man lied to our faces so I don't trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

I am genuinely curious about how this man betrayed your trust so intimately. I know it's considered rude to ask, but would you share a little about when you and your family were in his presence, what he said directly to you and how it was untrue?

I would agree that when someone directly lies to you personally, it can be hurtful and difficult to trust again. That's why we teach our children that lying is naughty and we won't trust them if they do.

First, he is not the CEO anymore. Second, yes I have a personal issue with him, as does my family. The man lied to our faces so I don't trust a word that comes out of his mouth.
There it is, now I understand, a personal axe to grind.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Obviously he hurt your feelings terribly

I guess we're not going to hear how he "lied"

Of course not! Silly you. This is someone that posts something defamatory with no facts or figures, just rants on and on, very sad.....:eek:

He's not at ALL callous or insensitive! I sent him an email back in 2009 (when he was still president of RCCL) before an upcoming cruise. While he didn't give me the free upgrade I was asking for (not that I expected him to), he responded kindly, and we began an email dialogue. This was at a particularly difficult time in my life, and he was always encouraging and helped to remind me of my strength. When I was down in Miami in 2013 to accept an award for my new book, he did not have availability on his schedule. Both he and his assistant came in to the office early just to meet and chat with me. I will be forever grateful to Mr. Goldstein for simply responding to my emails during that difficult time, and I'm now honored to call him my friend. Very few CEOs of mega companies would have taken the time to do so. With his new job, it's FAR more difficult for him to respond, and we communicate very infrequently. However, I know the kind of person he is, and nobody will ever convince me otherwise. As for the money he earns, I certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for all that falls under his job description!

My kids and our extended family disagree but your entitled to your opinion as am I.

Of course not! Silly you. This is someone that posts something defamatory with no facts or figures, just rants on and on, very sad.....:eek:

Not that it's any of your business but he lied to my kids and I, to our faces while onboard Granduer of the Seas after the fire in 2013.

No. What does it say?

Basically it is a large sign once you exit the ship that says to leave any valuables, jewelry, or anything you don't want stolen, back on the ship and locked in the ship's safe.

My DH and I walked around the shops for about 20 minutes and then headed back to the ship. What a waste of stop. We didn't even want to take out a credit card or any cash. Did not feel safe.

If that's not enough there are travel warnings out for Honduras for Zitka, Chikungunya and Dengue Fever.

No, thanks.

Not that it's any of your business but he lied to my kids and I, to our faces while onboard Granduer of the Seas after the fire in 2013.

If it's any consolation he lied to me in an e-mail back in 2009/2010 about the paint overspray problem with parked cars in Bayonne (Cape Liberty).

He said it was a one time occurence and had been fixed - wrong, it happend numerous times and had not been fixed. Over $700 worth of damage to my car from Bayonne Dry Dock. Which they did pay for completely, Bayonne Dry Dock not RCCL. RCCL claims no liability. Even though the only reason my car was there was to take one of their cruises and that is the parking area you tell your customers to use in your cruise documents you send them.

Edited by CruisingChick