Hobby airport hotel with shuttle to pier?

39august

We have been driving to Galveston for several years. However, my husband is really tired of fighting the traffic to do so. We are thinking of flying SW to Hobby for our June 19 cruise. Is there any hotel near Hobby that will provide a shuttle to the pier in Galveston, please? I expect there will be a charge if such a thing is possible.

We have been driving to Galveston for several years. However, my husband is really tired of fighting the traffic to do so. We are thinking of flying SW to Hobby for our June 19 cruise. Is there any hotel near Hobby that will provide a shuttle to the pier in Galveston, please? I expect there will be a charge if such a thing is possible.

Galveston Express is mentioned here as a shuttle option.

I feel the same pain. We drove in 4 times and flew in once. Our fall cruise out of Galveston we are flying also but on the same day. We've flown in same day21 times and never missed a cruise (we also take insurance) AND remember if your flight is late a lot of others will probably be late also. I've seen them hold the ship for hours if you call the emergency # and they can wait.

We'll be sailing out of Galveston on 4/4 and will be using the Galveston Express. Wish us luck! The reviews on another site are very good recently, but not so good a few months ago. We're supposed to be picked up at 10:30 at Hobby and if they aren't there by 11:30 we will have to suck it up and cab it. That's going to be heartbreakingly expensive, but not as bad as missing the ship!

If I had it to do over, I would have booked an earlier flight on 4/3 and taken Galveston Express to a hotel in Galveston. Most of the hotels there have either free or cheap shuttles to the port. As it is, we're staying in Houston and going back to the airport to catch the shuttle. When I booked I didn't realize they had shuttles to hotels down there too. Lesson learned and too late to rearrange now. It's $100 round trip for two, btw.

Edited: got the dates of our sailing wrong. How on earth did THAT happen? Wow. :D 10 day count down fever?

Edited by DenaInWyo