What is Debarkation like?

kelkel2

All of our past cruises have either been with Carnival or Princess and we have always done self-assist because we typically have flights close to noon and we don't want to cut it too close.

This cruise we will be on the Getaway in Miami, flying home out of FLL. Our flight departs at 12:45. Is that flight time late enough that we shouldn't have to self assist? I am not familiar with NCL and how fast they get their ships cleared.

I don't think you would need to self-assist based on my experiences last Sunday, but you should get off with one of the earlier color groups. Miami airport was a zoo but check-in and security went pretty quickly for us. On the ship they called the color groups much earlier than listed on the schedule (I had light blue - 9:45 am, but they called us around 9:15 am). I posted the schedule in post #17 in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2332251.

Edited by Mistizoom

If you were flying out of Miami, I would say you should be fine. But the drive to FLL could take up to an hour depending on traffic, so be sure to add that in when you are planning.

Oops, missed that the OP was flying out to FLL not Miami. I do think that would make a difference, so self-debark would probably be preferable for OP, and/or have ground transport pre-arranged.

Edited by Mistizoom

NCL offers a port to airport transfer, midway through the cruise. The cost is POM to FLL $25, and you must have a flight time after 12:30.

I believe any shuttle service would get you to FLL in time for that flight for about $15 or so per person, and do so much quicker than a bus from NCL, where you must wait on everyone to get off and load the luggage, so the bus waits until the very last minute.

I have quite a few on that same flight, later in the year, and most shuttles have simply asked that you be in one of the first two color codes in getting off.

I had some with 10:30 flights, and the shuttle service recommends the walk off for those.