New to Viking

kjbacon

We love cruising and have just booked our first cruise with Viking. I'm excited to hear more about everything especially the food, the spa, and the explorer suites. Is ballroom dancing available? All info about anything welcome and appreciated!

We love cruising and have just booked our first cruise with Viking. I'm excited to hear more about everything especially the food, the spa, and the explorer suites. Is ballroom dancing available? All info about anything welcome and appreciated!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. There are over 70 photographs on my review of Viking Star which is barely three months old. Here is the link...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2015/12/28/viking-star-a-taste-of-something-different/

Regarding dancing I can say it is available but don't hold your breath for anything stunning...

23613454139_cc2bbd8928_z.jpg

TORSHAVN is a venue along the lines of a piano-bar come jazz lounge come night club in an intimate setting with a small dance floor. Just ask the resident group for a few ballroom/latin numbers and you may well have the floor to yourselves.

Bon Voyage anyway.

Edited by Solent Richard

• 2 weeks later...
What a tremendous review, thank you! I think we are literally in the exact same suite as you (small world). Is the shower and bathtub a combo? I couldn't quite figure that section out!

Hi KJ.

There was no bathtub in stateroom 4045. Just a very large shower.

The only rooms with a bathtub are the Full Suites. All other rooms including the Junior Penthouse Suites on down have showers. The size of the showers decrease just a bit as you go down in cabin size, but all are roomy and nice. The shower heads are wonderful!

• 2 weeks later...
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. There are over 70 photographs on my review of Viking Star which is barely three months old. Here is the link...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2015/12/28/viking-star-a-taste-of-something-different/

Regarding dancing I can say it is available but don't hold your breath for anything stunning...

23613454139_cc2bbd8928_z.jpg

TORSHAVN is a venue along the lines of a piano-bar come jazz lounge come night club in an intimate setting with a small dance floor. Just ask the resident group for a few ballroom/latin numbers and you may well have the floor to yourselves.

Bon Voyage anyway.

Great tour of the ship and tours, thanks. We're going on ship in 2017 for into the midnight sun, so we're looking forward to the trip