Weird c&a award question

Atty

Hi all:

DW and I will be hitting one of those milestone Diamond levels on our next cruise. We are currently booked on a 7 night cruise on Freedom OTS in July but may have a chance to do a 3 or 4 nighter on one of the small ships before that.

My question is whether the milestone gift (in our case its the 140 cruise credit) is the same across the fleet or varies by ship? A secondary question is whether the gift on Freedom would really be that much better than the one on a smaller ship.

Thanks

Hi all:

DW and I will be hitting one of those milestone Diamond levels on our next cruise. We are currently booked on a 7 night cruise on Freedom OTS in July but may have a chance to do a 3 or 4 nighter on one of the small ships before that.

My question is whether the milestone gift (in our case its the 140 cruise credit) is the same across the fleet or varies by ship? A secondary question is whether the gift on Freedom would really be that much better than the one on a smaller ship.

Thanks

The milestone gift is a crystal block in which etched inside is a picture of the ship on which you earned the milestone.

The block looks the same, ship to ship, except for the etching inside and the name of the ship.

Here is one from Oasis:

IMGP0173.jpg

Edited by clarea

The milestone gift is a crystal block in which etched inside is a picture of the ship on which you earned the milestone.

The block looks the same, ship to ship, except for the etching inside and the name of the ship.

Here is one from Oasis:

IMGP0173.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
You get these at 140 Cruise Points as well? I always thought it was 210 then every 70 points after that.

When do you receive them? During the top tier event? Or in your stateroom?

It's 140 and every 70 thereafter. It will vary bu ship as to how you receive them. Sometimes in your stateroom (mostly) and sometimes at the top tier party and sometimes you have to call C&A after the fact because they missed giving one to you.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Don't expect anything. The ship has no bearing on what you receive as a new D.

We never received any block at 140 points. The very first pins we got was for D+. In fact only my wife got a second D+ pin on on our third D+ cruise.

RCI loyalty obviously has many flaws.

We never received any block at 140 points. The very first pins we got was for D+. In fact only my wife got a second D+ pin on on our third D+ cruise.

We have experienced the same thing. No block ever received but we do have our D+ pins - twice:)

Yes, you should expect something. And although it might not end up in your cabin, talk to the Loyalty Ambassador to get things figured out. Just because they might not get it to you doesn't mean you shouldn't expect it.

Don't build your hopes up about getting the crystal block - we're still waiting for the one we should have received on Allure last October, despite them promising it would be posted to us within 6 weeks, and despite chasing it twice since :rolleyes:

Yes, you should expect something. And although it might not end up in your cabin, talk to the Loyalty Ambassador to get things figured out. Just because they might not get it to you doesn't mean you shouldn't expect it.

This is what we did. We waited a couple of days to see if it would show up in the cabin, but then went to talk to the LA on-board. He looked it up, said I was correct, and immediately got me one of the crystal blocks.

We have experienced the same thing. No block ever received but we do have our D+ pins - twice:)

I think you got our pins!:D:D

We've never received pins for any level, and yes, we have called many times, each time were told they would mail us some. And, yes, we have asked 2 LA's on 2 different ships and were told to call C&A.

We have given up!:D

Sherri:)

So if you board the ship with 138 loyalty points will you get crystal block on that ship? Or on your next cruise since points dont post until after cruise is complete?

Example: You board Indy with 138 points and its 5 nights so you earn 5 points to 143. Then next you get on Enchantment. Would the block be given to you on Indy or Enchantment?

So if you board the ship with 138 loyalty points will you get crystal block on that ship? Or on your next cruise since points dont post until after cruise is complete?

Example: You board Indy with 138 points and its 5 nights so you earn 5 points to 143. Then next you get on Enchantment. Would the block be given to you on Indy or Enchantment?

You should get it onboard the ship and sailing that you will reach 140 points on. So you should get it while onboard the Indy, during that sailing.

So that's why we got a crystal block in the mail from RCI, about six weeks after our Allure TA after which we had done 143 cruise nights. Wasn't aware of that little perk!

Typical RCI, you get a block without even asking, and those who have asked multiple times can't get one.:rolleyes:

Hi there - I recognize your name from last year's TA on the Serenade.

We knew about the crystal block being awarded at the 140-point level so we sent an e-mail to C & A and received it a few weeks later.

There is also the "luggage tag" perk at D+. It's not an actual luggage tag for your name & address - just a 2" x 3" plastic card with an acrylic strap, for attaching to your luggage, identifying you as D+. We e-mailed C & A for these as well.

Marion

We reached 140 points on the 4th day of our 7 day cruise this past January. I went to the Loyalty Ambassador the 2nd day and asked about it. He had a list with several names on it of who would be getting a block. We were on the list and he said it would be delivered to our room. It was there when we got back to our cabin late afternoon on the 5 th day.