Did RCCL lift the ban on bringing water and soda on board

I was just reviewing the list of prohibited items on RCCL and noticed that non alcoholic beverages are no longer on it. Have they removed this restriction? (Yes. I KNOW that people have been getting away with it forever. I was just wondering if they've made it official.)

I was just reviewing the list of prohibited items on RCCL and noticed that non alcoholic beverages are no longer on it. Have they removed this restriction? (Yes. I KNOW that people have been getting away with it forever. I was just wondering if they've made it official.)

I still see the prohibition here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectName=Top+FAQ&

I don't know whether the policy has changed, or this is another case of inconsistency on the website.

Reading further, it looks like they have:

s.gif

s.gif

Onboard Policies

s.gif

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? s.gif A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port. Alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them

Reading further, it looks like they have:

s.gif

s.gif

Onboard Policies

s.gif

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? s.gif A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port. Alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them

I admit the wording is confusing. At one point it says non-alcoholic beverages are not allowed and later it says it will dispose of containers containing alcohol.

Ugh! I see that I missed the words at the end of the first sentence. Now, can I figure out how to delete this thread?

Don't worry about it, someone else will likely have the same question.

Don't worry about it, someone else will likely have the same question.

Thanks. Honestly, I've always brought them knowing they could be confiscated. I don't hide them. I just put a luggage tag on a 12 pack. That said, I would much prefer to know it was legal. I still buy packages, but like to have my own water/soda in my cabin and not have to go hunting for one when I want it. I also wish they would offer soda "can" packages because I prefer to drink my soda from the can.

Strange to note that they're NOT on the list of prohibited items. Hmmm.

Edited by payitforward

Thanks. Honestly, I've always brought them knowing they could be confiscated. I don't hide them. I just put a luggage tag on a 12 pack. That said, I would much prefer to know it was legal. I still buy packages, but like to have my own water/soda in my cabin and not have to go hunting for one when I want it. I also wish they would offer soda "can" packages because I prefer to drink my soda from the can.

Strange to note that they're NOT on the list of prohibited items. Hmmm.

New to RCCL but is seems they are on the list as it says non-alcoholic beverages (which to me would mean water/soda/juices etc) are not permitted - while 2 bottles of wine per stateroom are?

so what happens if you do try to bring water or a 12 pack of soda onboard? If they see it at check in/security would they confiscate it?

Edited by Froufie

New to RCCL but is seem they are on the list as it says non-alcoholic beverages (which to me would mean water/soda/juices etc) are not permitted - while 2 bottles of wine per stateroom are?

so what happens if you do try to bring water or a 12 pack of soda onboard? If they see it at check in/security would they confiscate it?

So far, they've always been delivered to my room with no issues. I don't attempt to hide them. I just slap a luggage tag on them. That said, I know they are within their rights to confiscate.

Whether or not they are allowed may depend the stock level of the port employees break room fridge.

:p This made me giggle! Last X cruise, we brought a 12 pack for my son & my nephew. We just put the luggage tag on it. My son's root beer box was missing two cans. He laughed and said someone else likes root beer too! Side note- they did not drink all of them and left them for the room steward to have.

Edited by BLAMBKY