NCL Sun: Anchorage luggage check in question...

SD-cruiser

All,

I am going by Coastal Classic train from Anchorage to Seward on July 4 2016. The train leaves Anchorage around 7am and reaches Seward at 11am. The NCL Sun departs at 9pm the same day on Jul 4. My question is: Can I check in for the NCL Sun in Anchorage even though I am not traveling on the NCL owned excursion train to Seward? If not, should I plan on renting a car in Seward to drop off luggage and later visit Exit Glacier?

This is my first cruise and trying to make sure I have everything planned properly. Appreciate your time. Thx

• 2 weeks later...
All,

I am going by Coastal Classic train from Anchorage to Seward on July 4 2016. The train leaves Anchorage around 7am and reaches Seward at 11am. The NCL Sun departs at 9pm the same day on Jul 4. My question is: Can I check in for the NCL Sun in Anchorage even though I am not traveling on the NCL owned excursion train to Seward? If not, should I plan on renting a car in Seward to drop off luggage and later visit Exit Glacier?

This is my first cruise and trying to make sure I have everything planned properly. Appreciate your time. Thx

Yes, you can check your bags at the train station with Norwegian and they will check through to the ship. This should allow you to visit Exit Glacier without worrying about renting a car or having bags with you.

We are planning on doing this for our June 20th cruise, two weeks before you.

How are you getting to Exit Glacier?

There is a Shuttle service available - LINK:

http://www.exitglaciershuttle.com/

More detailed information about the Exit Glacier for those interested - LINK:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=EXIT+GLACIER&fr=ymyy-t-999&fr2=p%3Amy%2Cm%3Asb&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001&type=sbc_dsl

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I called NCL today and they told me that I will not be able to check in my bags in Anchorage to be delivered to my room on the NCL Sun. Looks like I am stuck trying to check in the baggage after I reach Seward at 11am. Unless of course the NCL contact I spoke with was misinformed.

Regards

Hi,

I called NCL today and they told me that I will not be able to check in my bags in Anchorage to be delivered to my room on the NCL Sun. Looks like I am stuck trying to check in the baggage after I reach Seward at 11am. Unless of course the NCL contact I spoke with was misinformed. Regards

I would be very surprised if NCL allowed you to put your luggage with NCL customers' luggage if you have not paid for the privilege of travelling on NCL arranged transport. If you have arranged your own transport they would expect you to make your own arrangements for your luggage too.