How do you reach MSC on the weekend?

LMaxwell

Have never been able to speak to a human on the weekend. having trouble completing web check in; on hold now 45 minutes. What do they have, 1 person in the call center?

Could be because it is Easter weekend - is this not a holiday in the US?

Could be because it is Easter weekend - is this not a holiday in the US?

Today is not a holiday. Tried last weekend as well but gave up after an hour. .

I eventually got through to someone today that royally screwed my booking up in 2 minutes flat. Will try again Monday.

What problem are you having? When I tried to do web check-in, I had to use both my first and middle names as my first name. Once I did that, I was golden. It helps if you have a "guy" at MSC you can send emails to, I guess you could call him a PVP. My guy just got promoted, now, I have a gal at MSC. I'm sure she'll be just as good to work with. :)

What problem are you having? When I tried to do web check-in, I had to use both my first and middle names as my first name. Once I did that, I was golden. It helps if you have a "guy" at MSC you can send emails to, I guess you could call him a PVP. My guy just got promoted, now, I have a gal at MSC. I'm sure she'll be just as good to work with. :)

I was trying to do web check in for myself, my wife, my son. My wife and I both have passports. Son has a birth cert.

Wife check in fine; it says successful and the web check in radio button is still there to make changes.

My check in fine; it says successful and the web check in radio button is still there to make changes.

My sons check in it would not accept without passport information; kept saying I needed to fill in the boxes. So when I spoke to a rep, she told me to just put his birthday in the ID box. Tried that, didn't work. So the rep had me exit and she went in to the system.

Now under my sons name is says nothing AND there is no radio button to make changes like there is next to mine and my wife; and she kept telling me she couldn't get the changes to save on her end.

I am sure it will be quick to fix it, but man oh man, did they go from 0 to 60 in a hurry messing it up

I'll be happy to give you the direct line to my guy at MSC if you keep having trouble. He seemed very knowledgeable and was friendly throughout our conversation.

He specifically told me to call so I don't have to wait on hold. Let me know.

I'll be happy to give you the direct line to my guy at MSC if you keep having trouble. He seemed very knowledgeable and was friendly throughout our conversation.

He specifically told me to call so I don't have to wait on hold. Let me know.

Sure, I will take the phone number; have been on hold close to an hour already today waiting for an agent. if I hear the MSC jingle much more I might throw my phone in the lake outside. Thanks

Sure, I will take the phone number; have been on hold close to an hour already today waiting for an agent. if I hear the MSC jingle much more I might throw my phone in the lake outside. Thanks

Alberto

954-616-6950

Unfortunately his only day off is Mondays. But if you can't get through today, wait until after noon eastern tomorrow and he'll either pick right up or call right back.

Edited by TomAceEsq

Tom thank you for posting that. I let my phone sit on hold this afternoon for 45 minutes and finally got to someone who could fix the issues and got my boarding documents. Our voyagers club numbers are nowhere on them and my childs sex isn't checked off either, but further pushing them on the subject they assured me it is fine. We'll see! hat tip to you for offering your help!

Have never been able to speak to a human on the weekend. having trouble completing web check in; on hold now 45 minutes. What do they have, 1 person in the call center?

It doesn't matter what day or time I call them, it's always at least a 30 minute hold.

I like the ship, the cruise and the onboard service. Shoreside and web are in serious need of improvement...

It doesn't matter what day or time I call them, it's always at least a 30 minute hold.

I like the ship, the cruise and the onboard service. Shoreside and web are in serious need of improvement...

I so agree with you. My history online is a very negative one. Yesterday was the last straw where I almost cancelled. Love the ship and service but my Cruise Consultant is totally worthless... 9 calls leaving messages and no call back! DH will NOT deal with them. I never arrange cruises he usually does but I'm unfortunately in charge for this one.

Edited by Fighterone

I so agree with you. My history online is a very negative one. Yesterday was the last straw where I almost cancelled. Love the ship and service but my Cruise Consultant is totally worthless... 9 calls leaving messages and no call back! DH will NOT deal with them. I never arrange cruises he usually does but I'm unfortunately in charge for this one.

Call Alberto!

I also had website issues before departing. IMHO Msc has the absolute worst website In the industry and I thought celebrity was bad. To set your mind at ease, I was visioning chaos at embarkation and debarkation but it was smooth as silk. Seriously, you wouldn't even know the website and the cruise ship are run by the same company.

I also had website issues before departing. IMHO Msc has the absolute worst website In the industry and I thought celebrity was bad. To set your mind at ease, I was visioning chaos at embarkation and debarkation but it was smooth as silk. Seriously, you wouldn't even know the website and the cruise ship are run by the same company.

Glad to hear the experience does NOT match the website.

My in laws are cruising with us and they paid 100% in full when they made their booking and also could not complete the web check in. When they called MSC they were told they had a $15 balance and would be denied boarding. Took about 3 hours for them to fix whatever the issue was.

I've never had such poor shore side experience, except NCL. But NCL is because they hate customers. MSC is just because their shoreside ops is not scaled to the business they are doing.

I've never had such poor shore side experience, except NCL. But NCL is because they hate customers. MSC is just because their shoreside ops is not scaled to the business they are doing.

I always had good luck with NCL shore side, but I've read stories. However nothing compares to the breach of secure informAtion being reported regulary. Passport numbers being switched? Maybe I'm paranoid but that would freak

Me out. I tend to think that MSC is being negligent with staffing shore side, especially since much of the human time is being spent on correcting website issues. It's not good business practice to tick off all th US agents and I know of at lEasr two of the big box agencies that refuse to sell Msc and my agent is thinking of going down the same road after all the problems

With my booking. :(