Afternoon tea service in suites

patty1955

According to the Celebrity web site "The Suite Class experience will also include a daily high-end afternoon tea service served in the guest's spacious and beautifully-designed suite." Does anybody have any experience with the tea service? I haven't seen anything posted about it.

Approx. between 4:00 & 5:00pm, your butler will make his way down your corridor with a cart, on which he is able to pour coffee and tea, and also serve little sandwiches, cookies, cakes, etc.

He does NOT come into the suite with the cart. He will ring your bell, and you open your door and tell tell him your selections. His cart carries quite a variety of edibles, along with China, silver, cream and sugars.

According to the Celebrity web site "The Suite Class experience will also include a daily high-end afternoon tea service served in the guest's spacious and beautifully-designed suite." Does anybody have any experience with the tea service? I haven't seen anything posted about it.

The Butler would arrive at the door with a tray of cakes etc so you can choose what you like. Even when we were out for the day the butler would leave us a tray of my favourite picks and I always felt bad when I didnt eat them. We had Cappuccinos to same as we had delivered each morning at 7am.:):)

It is a tea service, but while maybe 'high tea' based upon time (really more afternoon tea) I wouldn't call it high end. A nice touch but I was a bit underwhelmed, having had formal tea service in the UK. What's tea without scones and clotted cream, and loose leaf tea steeping in a pot?

Approx. between 4:00 & 5:00pm, your butler will make his way down your corridor with a cart, on which he is able to pour coffee and tea, and also serve little sandwiches, cookies, cakes, etc.

He does NOT come into the suite with the cart. He will ring your bell, and you open your door and tell tell him your selections. His cart carries quite a variety of edibles, along with China, silver, cream and sugars.

Our butler did come into the suite with the cart when we were in the penthouse.

They have a nice selection of treats and your butler will probably leave something for you if you're not there.

Is tea service served to all suites? We are in a Sky Suite in May and would enjoy this [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I ordered some tea in my Sky Suite back in Jan 16 on the Millennium. I was disappointed with it as it came pretty much as I feared. This was not served on a trolley, I specifically called the butler to get some tea.

The teabag was in a mug rather than a cup & saucer. No teapot. There were no small sandwiches or savories which are the norm. A small selection of overly sweet miniature cakes similar to what you see in the buffet. No fruit cake, no scones, let alone whipped cream or Jam.

The Forte tea used on board is probably expensive but it is not good tea to a British tea drinker. One plus point, the milk was cold and not hot which I have often found served around the world.

I found the overall ambience much better in Michael's club. Just ordered tea, got a pot of tea and excellent savories like smoked salmon canapes, Shrimp, Roasted vegetable canapes etc. The tea was the same but the canapes were much better. Next time, I will pack my own tea bags and ask them to use those.

If it is important to you, suggest you be very specific as to what you expect. I think I read somewhere they do have Scones/Cream/Jam in the Oceanview tea service, so presumably these things can be easily handled with some notice and possibly could be a feature of the daily cart service. For me, the absence of Scones etc was a blessing otherwise I'd have eaten them and my sensible eating plan take a nose dive south !!!

The Butler comes to the door with a cart full of cookies, pastries and little sandwiches and serves tea.

Yes, this pretty much describes the service. It is nice, and since cruises seem to involved eating every 45 minutes, you have to watch the calorie intake.

It is a tea service, but while maybe 'high tea' based upon time (really more afternoon tea) I wouldn't call it high end. A nice touch but I was a bit underwhelmed, having had formal tea service in the UK. What's tea without scones and clotted cream, and loose leaf tea steeping in a pot?

No scones? No clotted cream? Tea bags? It's my first Celebrity cruise, but I'll probably cancel and come back to a more civilized cruiseline like Cunard! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It is not a high tea but it IS a nice touch. I certainly wouldn't cancel a cruise because it's not a perfectly perfect tea to the highest expectations!

We've been in 7 sky suites and one Celebrity Suite and in all but one the butler came inside with the cart.

We typically don't have the offerings that are brought, but ask in advance (or the first day) for shrimp, for crackers and cheese, nuts and fruit/berries, and nice serving of hummus with raw veggies -- on rotating days, not all at once! It's a nice touch and we prefer a bit healthier offerings late afternoon than pastries.

Come off The Millennium 2 weeks ago, in the Penthouse and if we were not there for afternoon tea, our butler did not leave any canapés or cakes, which was not a problem for us, as we certainly ate enough the rest of the time! Of course if we had asked, then he would have left us anything we desired! (Penthouse experience is amazing), but as a matter of course, he did not leave any unrequested 'goodies'.

Just wanted to add that if you are in the suite when the tea service happens it is a great time to chat with your butler. They will generally check if you need any dining reservations, may have information about any possible upcoming time changes, information about the next port and so forth. I often learn something interesting from the butler as he is pouring tea.

No scones? No clotted cream? Tea bags? It's my first Celebrity cruise, but I'll probably cancel and come back to a more civilized cruiseline like Cunard! [emoji4]

Or the White Star line. I heard that you could get a good cuppa on Titanic!

Or the White Star line. I heard that you could get a good cuppa on Titanic!

Impossible : you should be an authentic Bostonian to brew your tea in salt water! (Just an historical joke!)