NCL Getaway Review 6/3/2016

anne59

We were 5 ladies traveling from the Uk and Ireland.

Pre Cruise

We met up in Manchester and stayed in the Clayton airport hotel, very nice hotel with free shuttle bus to airport.

We were flying to Miami with an overnight stay in newyork.

Friday 4th March we woke up early to snow, this was not a problem as is normal for this time of year, what was a problem was ice on the wings of our Delta flight to newyork, we were delayed 5 hours, 4 of which was spent on the plane.

We arrived at our hotel at 11pm. We stayed in the Doubletree Suites Times Square, lovely friendly hotel with great views of Times Square.

We brought our bags to our room and even though it was late at night we headed out to see the city that never sleeps, we took some photos and found a lovely bar for some drinks. Jet lag set in so off to bed we went.

Saturday 5th March. Our flight to Miami went without any delayed.

We arrived at the Courtyard By Marriott early evening, another lovely hotel, just a short walk from Batside Marketplace with shops, reasturants and bars.

Sunday 6th March Cruise Day Woo Hoo

It was a short 5 min taxi ride from our hotel to the port.

Arrived at the port just 12 and was on the lovely Getaway by 12.30 it was so quick and easy.

This was my first time on Getaway so I was very excited, my daughter was on her last year and loved the waterfront so we headed to the sunset bar for our first drink, a lovely outside bar to relax and take in the views, I just knew this was the bar I would most have a drink in.

Restaurants

Garden Cafe is a great place for lunch, lots to chose from, something for everyone, we had breakfast there most mornings and loved the fresh egg station, always fried just how I like them.

Main Dinning rooms, we tried them all and were very good, sometimes we had to wait for a table but this was not a problem as we were on holiday and in no hurry.

Entertainment Saw and did everything and was not disappointed everything was great. Loved the Sailaway party, glow night. Took part in lots of quizes, we didn't do very well but had great fun and met some wonderful people.

Bars. Lots of great bars on board, you would find it hard not to find one you like.

My personal favourite one was the sunset bar, loved sitting outside watching the world go by. It is a busy bar and sometimes had to wait but as I said before, we are on holiday and in no hurry. The staff there are amazing and do a great job.

A very sad thing happen while we were on board, a young man died,he fell from the top deck unto deck 8 at the sunset bar, the outside of that bar was closed and guarded for the remaining of the cruise. FBI were on board when we arrived back in Miami. My thoughts are with his family and friends RIP. No questions on this subject please.

Staterooms. As there were 5 of us, we had 2 staterooms 8180 and 8178, both lovely and were on the same deck as bars, some restaurants and shops. No night time noise at all and our stateroom attendant Fred was amazing.

Islands. We did not get to go to NCL private island as weather was too bad for tenders, this was not a problem as we just relaxed on board and had a few cocktails. We had the UBP and never had too long to wait for a drink, I can't understand why some people complain about waiting for a drink, the staff do there very best and people have all day and night to drink so relax take it easy, after all you are on holiday.

Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, we have done these ports before and saw what we wanted so we just shopped, eat and drank. All very nice ports.

Our cruise came to an end, all I can say is, had a wonderful time and will look forward to cruising on NCL Getaway again.

Sunday 13th March. Back in Miami for our last night staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown, just accross the street from Bayside Marketplace, another lovely hotel very close to port and shopping, as we are from Ireland & England, we find sketchers very cheap in Miami so we did some major shopping and got some great bargains.

Monday 14th March. A sad day as it was home time, we were flying from Miami with a connecting flight from Atlanta to the uk, well I guess someone didn't want us to leave as our flight was delayed from Miami and we missed our connecting flight from Atlanta to the uk. Delta re booked a flight for the following evening for us so we had a night in Atlanta with our hotel paid for and food vouchers but no bags but we managed ok, something to laugh about now.

Wednesday 16th March. Home safe and sound in time for St Patrick's Day.:)