Tokyo to Kobe - which airport in Kobe

Hobar

We plan to spend a couple of days in Tokyo before embarking on cruise that begins in Kobe, and we want to spend a couple of days in Kobe. From Tokyo, should we fly into Osaka or Kobe airport? We looked at a train but we will have too much luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are 3 major airports in the area.

KIX - Osaka's big international airport, is on an artificial island off the coast. Transfer from that airport to the Kobe cruise terminal will take over an hour, via train, bus, or taxi.

Osaka's old airport is not far from Osaka, but is quite a way from the Kobe cruise terminal.

Kobe airport is a 15 minute ride via train, bus, or taxi to the Kobe cruise terminal.

I suggest that you consider adding more days to Tokyo and add Kyoto and Nara to your pre-cruise visits. You may be going to Kyoto from the ship, but the tours from the ship to Kyoto are very expensive.

Also, going from Tokyo to Kobe can be easily done on the train.

Here is my review of our trip

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518503&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

We plan to spend a couple of days in Tokyo before embarking on cruise that begins in Kobe, and we want to spend a couple of days in Kobe. From Tokyo, should we fly into Osaka or Kobe airport? We looked at a train but we will have too much luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you haven't already left, this may be your solution: the Takuhaiben (sp?) deliver service. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html

We used them a few years ago when we disembarked in Kobe with lots of luggage and took the train to Tokyo for five days. We dropped the luggage off at the Kobe port, and it was delivered to our hotel the next day. Wonderful!