Canada at par promotion...what??

lakelivin2

When I tried to book a balcony cruise on the escape today, I was told that the US price for a balcony is $649 and the Canadian price at par is $858.92 (not incl. taxes/port charges). Does anyone understand this? What does at par with American prices mean to NCL?

I talked to 2 different agents and a supervisor. All gave me this price and explained that the $649 was only for American pricing.

When I tried to book a balcony cruise on the escape today, I was told that the US price for a balcony is $649 and the Canadian price at par is $858.92 (not incl. taxes/port charges). Does anyone understand this? What does at par with American prices mean to NCL?

I talked to 2 different agents and a supervisor. All gave me this price and explained that the $649 was only for American pricing.

Do you have some details? Which specific cruise were you trying to book? Were you asking for the Free At Sea promotion?

You have to phone NCL directly to get the Canada at par price .. or was this during a phone call to NCL. Remember as long as you take the At Par promotion you give up all other promotions

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by res2cue
Darn auto correct

This was the Canada at Par promotion which doesn't include any free at sea benefits. I called NCL on the phone and there seems to be something lost in translation. The Escape is advertised for $649 US for April 9 to 16 (balcony guarantee). Doesn't at par mean the same price is paid in Canadian? The guarantee Canadian price is $858...

When I said this to the supervisor, she said this is the Canadian at par price...?? Can at par mean something different?

This was the Canada at Par promotion which doesn't include any free at sea benefits. I called NCL on the phone and there seems to be something lost in translation. The Escape is advertised for $649 US for April 9 to 16 (balcony guarantee). Doesn't at par mean the same price is paid in Canadian? The guarantee Canadian price is $858...

When I said this to the supervisor, she said this is the Canadian at par price...?? Can at par mean something different?

Honestly, I've given up trying to talk to anyone at NCL, including supervisors. I was told two weeks ago that my PURCHASED OBC had to be spent in the ship's stores and nowhere else. Supervisor (?) confirmed this statement. I read in another thread that someone finally got through to someone at NCL, with a little knowledge, and they were able to book the correct AT PAR price.

Keep trying......call everyday if you have to. Ridiculous that we have to jump through hoops to get factual information.

Possibly "at par" applies just to the cruise fare, not taxes and port fees. It may even apply to just the "non-discountable" amount. An amount that is generally less than the cruise fare.

Before we start with the constant phone calls :rolleyes: lets consider the facts.

This promotion, like all others, has clearly defined Terms & Conditions. For the Canada at Par promotion, the Terms & Conditions state that it is valid for: "Select 5 night or longer sailings booked greater than 30 days prior to sailing"

The April 9th Escape sailing is only 13 days away...therefore this sailing is no longer eligible for the Canada at Par promotion and is subject to the normal exchange rate.

The $649 price that you see online is before taxers and fees. If you do a mock booking online you would see that $649 US becomes $773.78 as there are just under $125 per person in taxes and fees. There is also part of the $649 that are fees. My guess is that the promotion gives you the $649 (minus fees) at par but then you still need to add the $125 and other fees in US dollars and voila you get $858.92 per person.

*sorry broberts already said this...

Edited by simba_o

Before we start with the constant phone calls :rolleyes: lets consider the facts.

Oh, again with the facts. People can't get even a good bashing going without somebody bringing out the facts and ruining it for everybody. :D