Noisy room 8001 Marina - what to do?

Hokapontas

Hi. I am loving this French Polynesian cruise my husband are on right now. We have so many friends from CC on board as well. I picked this stateroom (8001) 17 months ago because I enjoyed 7001 on Insignia in 2014.

But there is a gurgling noise coming from the ventilation duct for the bathroom, and rattling under the floor from it, which is so loud it almost blocks out my ticking clock (an essential for sleep!) I have been to the Concierge and they are trying to fix it. I am not sure how to proceed, if they fix it we are good. If they don't, I really want this room and it's view, but the noise does wake you up.

Should I ask for monetary compensation? They have offered me a concierge room. I don't see the value in that. But I also don't see this room as a B1 rated room either at the moment.

if they cannot fix it I would move ..my sleep is worth more than $$

If you get compensation you are still kept awake at night with the noise

JMO

are they asking you to pay more for the Concierge cabin? If not then it is a win win situation as you will get the perks at no cost to you

What perks? 4 PCs of ironing and a separate lounge? Doesn't seem like much to me.

we like to use the spa deck

Yes true if you do not use the extras perks then not worth paying for

Ahh, result. Not anything I wanted though. Because the concierge offered a concierge verandah, he says counter offers from me such as OBC will not be considered, as in 'we tried'. I would rather it be fixed, in fact.

It is not worth B1 pricing, IMHO.

Oh well, I tried.

I would take the CV and move up/on. ;) They are not trying to charge you more to take the concierge, are they?

Oh no, no charge. It's the view I love in this room though. I am one to wake at 4:30 and look at the sunrise, and the next place, as it's coming along :) The railing is solid here but the deck is larger. I booked this specific room 17 months ago. It's the principle and the fact that it is a B1 at a lower quality. The price difference is something. The expectation/reality divide is another.

:D I understand. We had 7111 on the Rivera. However, my sleep would be more important. We had noise from the service doors across the hall from us -day and night because of virus cleaning. It didn't occur to me to ask for another stateroom. We didn't complain. If I had, and it was offered, an upgrade to a CV would have been nice for the Spa Terrace, alone.

Edited by Iamthesea

But there is a gurgling noise coming from the ventilation duct for the bathroom, and rattling under the floor from it, which is so loud it almost blocks out my ticking clock (an essential for sleep!) I have been to the Concierge and they are trying to fix it. I am not sure how to proceed, if they fix it we are good. If they don't, I really want this room and it's view, but the noise does wake you up.

Should I ask for monetary compensation? They have offered me a concierge room. I don't see the value in that. But I also don't see this room as a B1 rated room either at the moment.

You will not be happy giving up the balcony and view you have . Live with it , and try and squeeze them for a few hundred bucks .CASH not shipboard . ( whoops , guess that's out , from what you said up there)You won't get it , I don't ever sleep well . So hard for me to see how it keeps you awake all night . Earplugs , but still no tick tock ? I'm stumped .:confused::confused:

Edited by iamkingofall

:D I understand. We had 7111 on the Rivera. However, my sleep would be more important. We had noise from the service doors across the hall from us -day and night because of virus cleaning. It didn't occur to me to ask for another stateroom. We didn't complain. If I had, and it was offered, an upgrade to a CV would have been nice for the Spa Terrace, alone.

No one told me about a spa terrace. It is another pool or a spa with chairs? Does it have shade? Is it accessible to concierge, because I thought it was only for PH and up. May be worth considering.

Meantime, I know lots of people. Marketing 101...

No one told me about a spa terrace. It is another pool or a spa with chairs? Does it have shade? Is it accessible to concierge, because I thought it was only for PH and up. May be worth considering.

Meantime, I know lots of people. Marketing 101...

Pardon me

I mentioned the spa deck in post #4

you found the perks of Concierge of no value to you

How long is your cruise ...it may be over before you decide to change or not

Edited by LHT28

Forgive me butting in .If I have this right , could you get a Spa Pass and call it OK ? ;)

I will ask. It is the value, after all. Their concierge room sits empty anyway, it has no value. Spa passes would be good.

We live with 3 pillows and the bolster in our doorway where most of the noise comes in via the vent just inside our door. Is this unsafe?

But frankly, I am stumped now. I don't even know the way I would start a conversation about what I want at this stage. When he knocked back my counter offer, that was it.

How should I bring this up with the concierge?

Update.

I asked my TA, who is on his honeymoon on this cruise,to come listen to the noise. I had not wanted to bother him, you know? But I finally did. He asked how I wanted to proceed and I told him 'a credit, even our internet paid for, would be a nice offset.'

Two engineers and my TA spent an hour outside our room, sometimes with one down in the engine, it may be the bearings on a fan for the A/C. There are many in series, they did change the sound while swapping it around. Seems if they could fix the problem, there would be no compensation. Would be a good result if they can!

The noise continued last night.

Update.

I asked my TA, who is on his honeymoon on this cruise,to come listen to the noise. I had not wanted to bother him, you know? But I finally did. He asked how I wanted to proceed and I told him 'a credit, even our internet paid for, would be a nice offset.'

Two engineers and my TA spent an hour outside our room, sometimes with one down in the engine, it may be the bearings on a fan for the A/C. There are many in series, they did change the sound while swapping it around. Seems if they could fix the problem, there would be no compensation. Would be a good result if they can!

The noise continued last night.

Funny , well not to you , that your TA happened to be on board . But if you got somebody who understands the system well enough to check into it that deeply , you've done pretty well . Hope they solve it . How many days of internet , and how much are we talking about , if you don't mind my asking ? Seems like they could wave your charge on that without losing all that much .

Edited by iamkingofall