VOOM question

Is VOOM on the Indy yet? If not is it in fact cheaper than regular internet?

I looked in my cruise planner and it with the BOGO it came to 187.50 for two devices and it is for 5 days, I found that to be a little steep does it make sense.

Thanks in advance.

I looked in my cruise planner and it with the BOGO it came to 187.50 for two devices and it is for 5 days, I found that to be a little steep does it make sense.

Thanks in advance.

No Voom on Indy yet.

I was going to say "thanks Bob in advance". I kind of suspected you would be the one to answer. So Thanks Bob :)

Is the price right though? If it's 87.50 with one half price -wow...I don't think I will get it at that cost but thx for answering as always you are a wonderful source of info.

Second question, has the Indy been refurbed lately?

I was going to say "thanks Bob in advance". I kind of suspected you would be the one to answer. So Thanks Bob :)

Is the price right though? If it's 87.50 with one half price -wow...I don't think I will get it at that cost but thx for answering as always you are a wonderful source of info.

Second question, has the Indy been refurbed lately?

That sounds high. The non-BOGO prices for a non-Voom ship were $20 for one device and $30 for two devices, so two devices for 5 days would be $150.

On Oasis now and they are offering a package of $10 per day for surf & share, and a $20 per day for surf & share & stream. Plus 50% off a second device. Was able to get a whole cruise free with the D+ coupons for one device.

Thanks in advance.

With my bogo email yesterday for our Freedom cruise Sunday, for the one device and one free, was only 105.00

Regarding the number of devices: If you plan to use the Royal Online Lounge with the regular desktop computers and printer, that counts as one device.

We had a two device, 1 iPad and 1 iPhone, plan earlier this months and had to log off one of those devices if we wanted to use the computer lounge to print our airline boarding passes.

Do you know if this offer is just for past cruisers?

We will be on our first Royal cruise in June.

Would LOVE to get that offer.

Thanks!!!

We sail May 8th on Freedom and I found it in our cruise planner this weekend. My son is sailing with us and had already purchased it for two devices at full price. He called back twice and they repriced it for him. As a side note, the first rep said she wasn't aware of the offering and wouldn't give him the BOGO price. The second rep gave it to him no questions asked.

From Nov 10th - Anthem 12 day

22969318641_841507feb4_b.jpg

Definitely faster than speed tests I've seen elsewhere. What time of day? I know there's a timestamp, but it isn't always accurate onboard.

Speed tests from Allure (Eastern) using Voom a few weeks back

Top one displaying home speed in comparison.

image_zpspwrsxgvr.jpeg

Much faster agreed, than on ships that do not have Voom capability.

That's more in line with what I'd seen others report. Still not bad, considering the number of passengers.

Edited by hapster85

Can someone please explain this to me. I sail Oasis in May. I just went into my cruise planner and selected the VOOM bogo at half off. I selected this deal for one person and the final price came up to $105. That final price seems to indicate I am getting the second device for free? Can someone help me with this? I'm confused.

Can someone please explain this to me. I sail Oasis in May. I just went into my cruise planner and selected the VOOM bogo at half off. I selected this deal for one person and the final price came up to $105. That final price seems to indicate I am getting the second device for free? Can someone help me with this? I'm confused.

They have been changing the prices on the Voom ships, so they be be starting with a base of less than the $15 per day it has been.

Thanks, Bob. I guess that would mean the regular price would be $10? I would call RCCL but I don't have much confidence in what I'll be told.

I believe someone posted a price of $10.50 recently.