Oasis 4 - Quantum 4&5 itinerary speculation....

So where do you think the will send oasis 4? What ports are big enough to handle and what close by ports can support as well? China ? Australia ? Mediterranean?

Also does anyone think Miami or Fort Lauderdale will eventually get a quantum class ship?

They were already supposed to have one in Fort Lauderdale! When Anthem's itineraries were originally announced it was going to summer in South Hampton and winter in Fort Lauderdale. However shortly after the announcement they Announced Quantum was going to China and Anthem would take its place in New Jersey.

It would be nice to have one out of Fort Lauderdale/Miami (Preferably doing long 10+ day cruises) so there is another option for that class of ship other than New Jersey in the winter.

One of the Oasis will head for China, the other will go to Europe.

One of the Quantum class ship will go to Europe, the other probably the Caribbean, but then you have Allure, Harmony and the Quantum. And if Oasis does not head to China....So if the sales are good for the Caribbean, then by all means RCL will be happy to put them there.

The Oasis Itineraries are quite common and there are not many ports she will and can go in the carribean. If the itineraries you see this year, they are probably going to repeat it next year.

Quantum Class hopefully, you could see more of the Southern Caribbean from FLL and not from New York.

So where do you think the will send oasis 4? What ports are big enough to handle and what close by ports can support as well? China ? Australia ? Mediterranean?

Also does anyone think Miami or Fort Lauderdale will eventually get a quantum class ship?

Miami could get an Oasis class when the new terminal opens up.

Forgot about that new terminal Bill, that's a good point.

I read some article about RC wanting to bring more of the fleet back to Miami, i thought Harmony or Oasis 4 might end up there as pure speculation on my part.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I read some article about RC wanting to bring more of the fleet back to Miami, i thought Harmony or Oasis 4 might end up there as pure speculation on my part.

Navigator has sailings from Miami too.

Navigator has sailings from Miami too.

I saw some interesting sailings from there . I am just now getting to the point at my work where i can do longer than 8 day cruises.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Over here in Australia we are still hoping Royal will leave at least 1 ship here year round - yes folks we are still a 6 month Royal Summer season only destination! I would so love to cruise to tropical ports in our Winter!!

I don't think that is too much to ask - just 1 ship.

Any Royal ship will do - sure we would love an Ovation class here full time but Royal loves the Asian market too much it seems to give us Ovation for more than 4 cruises out of Sydney this Summer season.:rolleyes:

Ports are the issue over here for the larger ships, none of the Royal ships of any class can fit under the Sydney Harbour Bridge so that leaves only the Circular Quay terminal which has the ship nice & cosey with both the Bridge & the Opera House -a fantastic spot. They will probably build a larger terminal nearby at Garden island that is currently a navy dock, but that will take a few years.

The South Pacific islands have about half of them at least tender only - so the Oasis class especially would have major issues there.

Also probably the reason Ovation is only doing cruises to new Zealand out of Sydney when she gets here as 95% are docked ports.

Ho hum, we can only wish to dream so big as you guys in the states. :)

The Oasis Itineraries are quite common and there are not many ports she will and can go in the carribean. If the itineraries you see this year, they are probably going to repeat it next year.

At least they are finally trying some new things for Oasis class.

Oasis just went to San Juan and St Kitts for the first time last week on our 9-night cruise. Those two ports have been sprinkled into future Oasis class itineraries to supplement the previously standard Nassau/St Thomas/St Martin itinerary for Eastern Caribbean cruises.

Costa Maya (while not my cup of tea) has occasionally appeared for Western Caribbean cruises on Oasis class. Once the new pier in Grand Cayman is built Oasis class will be able to put in there. Those ports will allow them to get out of the Cozumel/Falmouth/Labadee rut.

Grand Cayman is built Oasis class will be able to put in there.

What new Pier in Cayman???? First I heard about a pier in Cayman....I though they were totally against it.

Edited by Deptacon

Forgot about that new terminal Bill, that's a good point.

We got our new terminal here in PC, and what did they do??

Grumble....put NCL in. :(

NCL now with two ships at new terminal and we still only have the two

ships. Lost out on that hoped for Saturday slot to put third RCI ship in. Sigh...