Best Hotel in Miami prior to cruise

ggooglyboogly

Hi everyone -

I'll be doing a create-your-own 9 day cruise on the Getaway this September (combining a 2 day with a 7 day).

Normally I'd stay with my parents in Fort Lauderdale before the cruise but they'll be relocating up north to Melbourne, so i'm planning on flying into MIA and staying near the port.

I'm sure this information is somewhere on here and i'll get some flack for asking, but if any of you could tell me the best resonably price hotel near the port of Miami, preferably with somewhere I could walk for dinnner, and somewhere thats not too close to the "party-Zone" in Miami (i'll be cruising with an infant) I would be forever grateful.

Thanks in advance - have a great day - and how about that race track on the Joy?

This is just my opinion and there will be others; I have no idea what you call reasonable, but there is a Holiday Inn across the street from the great marketplace, near the port. That would be the best location. There is the Intercontinental as well but it is pricier.

Edited by newmexicoNita

If you are looking for inexpensive more than location then I would say the Days Inn airport. Actually there are two Days in at the Airport, North and South. Both have free breakfast, and free airport shuttle. The nicer one has 24 hour shuttle. They also shuttle to the cruise port for $11.00 a person I think.

I'm sure this information is somewhere on here and i'll get some flack for asking, but if any of you could tell me the best resonably price hotel near the port of Miami, preferably with somewhere I could walk for dinnner, and somewhere thats not too close to the "party-Zone" in Miami (i'll be cruising with an infant) I would be forever grateful.

Thanks in advance - have a great day - and how about that race track on the Joy?

I'll grit my teeth and try to offer some helpful advice to an Arsenal fan. :(

In addition to the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell suggested above, I would also look at the Doubletree and next door Marriott on Biscayne Blvd. Shopping and dining options within walking distance and both hotels offer some rooms with a view of the port.

I just booked the JW Marriott Miami for $174/night. A little higher than I wanted to spend (Canadian here!), but I'm excited to check out Mary Brickell Village. And I believe there is a CVS next door.

There is a CVS right next door! Open 24 hours though the pharmacy closes at 8 pm.

We stayed two weeks ago for two nights at The Fortune House Suites.

We booked through HOTELS site for around $140.00 plus tax. (They do add $12.00 a night resort fee.

It is in the financial district. Miami has free trolley and overhead rail system.

Both located two blocks from hotel. It is 2 miles to port.

We used trolley to go to Bayside for dinner and for trip to Whole Foods. We wound up with a two-bedroom, two bath apartment which had full kitchen.

Unit also had a washer and dryer.

The shuttle to port for two was $20.00 plus tip. Took cab from Bayside back one night. It was $15.00 including tip.

I saw this on trip advisor..... What did you think of the hotel?

Message from TripAdvisor:

TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have attempted to interfere with traveler reviews and/or the Popularity Index for this property. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveler reviews.

Are there things conveniently close to the Intercontinental? I have a reward stay through IHG and I could use it at the Intercontinental or the Holiday Inn Port of Miami for no cost. I'll be traveling with our younger kids so I'd like to be able to grab any items we missed or didn't want to fly with. Any help is appreciated!

Just a FYI , look at VRBO , they have condos right there by the intercontinental ( 3bd 3ba ) for 250 a night , and they are nice with views and everything , we are going with another couple and sure beats getting 2 rooms for 700 total at intercontinental

There is one other possibility if you're a bit of a gambler. We are on the Getaway April 3, and with Spring Break, hotel rates were really, really high for Saturday night. I ended up using Hotwire, and got a really good deal on the JW Marriott (the one on Brickell, not the Marquis). If I remember correctly, it was at least $150 less than any of the "top" hotels in the area (including the JW Marriott itself) were charging to book with them directly.

Obviously, you won't know where you are staying until you commit, but if you restrict to the neighborhood you want to be in and the star rating you want, you should be able to narrow it down to a handful of likely choices. In my case, I was pretty sure I would be OK with most of the likely hotels, so I took a chance. Your results may vary.

Thanks for this! I completely forgot about Hotwire :eek:. Just scored the InterContinental for 144.xx (or 40%) less than other sites for my cruise later this month. Good call on the $150 mark :D

There is one other possibility if you're a bit of a gambler. We are on the Getaway April 3, and with Spring Break, hotel rates were really, really high for Saturday night. I ended up using Hotwire, and got a really good deal on the JW Marriott (the one on Brickell, not the Marquis). If I remember correctly, it was at least $150 less than any of the "top" hotels in the area (including the JW Marriott itself) were charging to book with them directly.

Obviously, you won't know where you are staying until you commit, but if you restrict to the neighborhood you want to be in and the star rating you want, you should be able to narrow it down to a handful of likely choices. In my case, I was pretty sure I would be OK with most of the likely hotels, so I took a chance. Your results may vary.

What neighborhood and star rating did you put in? Do they offer parking for the week you are on the cruise? We are driving down and would rather not pay for both a hotel and port parking.