Redeeming Royal Carribean Visa Rewards (BOA) past present and current problem

BillOh

I have had my RC Visa rewards card for at least 6-7 years. (GO AHEAD AND TELL ME HOW YOUR CARD IS BETTER) but I have this card and I use it annually for OBC. (GO AHEAD AND TELL ME HOW THAT ISN'T the most efficient use of it.) :p

But anyway, in the olden days,it was a much more difficult process to use. you have to call someone, at BOA I believe and ask for coupons on your points. They would send you a form that you would fill out and mail (remember the US mail system?) to Royal and they would apply the credit to your reservation. Because of this extensive paper handling they recommended you send the coupons in at least 60 days before sailing. I worked with that several times no problem.

Somewhere around 2012 or 13 (I think) they went to a more efficent online system . So far so good till now. As you can see in my signature I am leaving on Oasis in 30 days. A month or so ago, I redeemed my points for OBC. A week or two later I verified the points were taken out of my account.

After printing my docs for this cruise I see no mention of this OBC, and not sure if I should see it there. So I called the Crown and Anchor desk. Got a very nice Tammy out in Springfield Oregon. Very nice and helpful. She verified my OBC was not there and tried to call her contact at the BOA rewards desk, but it was busy, so she is putting in the info via email and they shoudl contact me in 48 hours or less, but she gave me their direct line if I need to call them, but suggested I probably wouldn't want to call them from work on my lunch hour.

I'll give that number in a moment. It may be helpful to others. I can't find it anywhere. While the reward redemption site seems efficent and helpful in redeeming points, it seems worthless if you run into problems. No help or contact info at all. It does say what points I have and NO REDEMPTIONS SINCE MY LAST STATEMENT. To me last statement implies I should be able to see any statements, but that isn't the case.

I hope I don't have to call the direct line, but I might. It's 888-305-4626. I'll advise you when this minor issue is resolved and how it went.

Edited by BillOh

You should see the OBC if you get a copy of your booking confirmation from whomever you booked your cruise thru. They are usually posted a couple of weeks before sailing so they may not have gotten posted yet if your cruise is still 30 days out

I've never seen Visa OBC in my account until on the ship

I see it on Royal's Guest Copy of the booking confirmation. I ask for a copy of that around two weeks before the cruise, because the Visa points OBC are processed in order of cruise date, so if is too far in advance, it will not have been posted.

I see it on Royal's Guest Copy of the booking confirmation. I ask for a copy of that around two weeks before the cruise, because the Visa points OBC are processed in order of cruise date, so if is too far in advance, it will not have been posted.

Slacking today???;);)

+1

I have used points for OBC on almost every cruise for the past few years and this is exactly right. I've called a few times farther than 2 weeks out just to see, but it has never been on there. When I call within the 2 week time frame the points have been there every time. I then request a new confirmation document, so I have it with me in case there are any issues when we board.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

After submitting the form online, and printing everything, including the confirmation email, I wait til about 10 days to 2 weeks before the cruise. At that time I call the help desk and they have always confirmed the OBC. On several occasions when I made multiple and last minute redemptions, I then checked with the cruise line, and they confirmed they were there.

I think you are just to far out at this point. I would check again closer to the cruise. Also as clarea suggested request a copy of the booking confirmation. I do that also.

How far ahead of time should I contact BofA so I can get my OBC for my cruise?? Never did this before, so any insight or help would be great.

We are cruising on Allure for the June 19th sailing.

Thank you in advance for your help.

How far ahead of time should I contact BofA so I can get my OBC for my cruise?? Never did this before, so any insight or help would be great.

We are cruising on Allure for the June 19th sailing.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I would redeem at least two weeks in advance. You can redeem now if you like, as long as you don't think you will cancel the cruise.

Use this URL to redeem: https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Bill, you should be able to see your statements on the B of A site: http://www.bankofamerica.com. Same login as on the redemption site.

I can see my normal card statements there and how many points I have, but I was looking for a statement specifically about the points and what day they were removed. I've never seen that.

I can see my normal card statements there and how many points I have, but I was looking for a statement specifically about the points and what day they were removed. I've never seen that.

I've not seen that on a statement or website either. However, I believe some have posted (Patti or Ellen probably) that you can call B of A and get that info.

I've never seen Visa OBC in my account until on the ship

This, but you can call Royal and they will confirm its been added.

And yeah, shredd that card. Awful rewards program point values....and it doesnt event have free foreign transaction fees. Its a garbage card.

I would redeem at least two weeks in advance. You can redeem now if you like, as long as you don't think you will cancel the cruise.

Use this URL to redeem: https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Thank you so much for the link. I know that the points expire after 5 years. But whatever amount of OBC that I choose, if I don't use it all, do I get it back or do I lose it??

Thank you so much for the link. I know that the points expire after 5 years. But whatever amount of OBC that I choose, if I don't use it all, do I get it back or do I lose it??

Did it change from 7 years to 5 years? I stopped using my card since I cashed in the last of my points for OBC on our cruise in 2 weeks. But, last I seen it was 7 years.

As far as unused OBC is concerned, it gets credited back.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

The Visa points OBC is fully refundable.

I'm glad I'm not the only one in limbo. I transfered points 3 weeks ago...called C&A yesterday, and they can not see my OBC. I sail in just over 4 weeks. C&A told me to give it 2 more weeks and call back. She said if they aren't on there then, I should call BOA. I'm a little freaked out....but I will give it time.

...and BillOh....I'll have to argue...I love my free flights on Southwest with my credit card points. :-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm glad I'm not the only one in limbo. I transfered points 3 weeks ago...called C&A yesterday, and they can not see my OBC. I sail in just over 4 weeks. C&A told me to give it 2 more weeks and call back. She said if they aren't on there then, I should call BOA. I'm a little freaked out....but I will give it time....

If you have your email receipt from the redemption, you should be fine.

OK, so everyone is saying that you can redeem as close to 30 days out right?? So I can pay off my cruise shortly before my final payment date and make sure before the monthy statement day.

Wait till the statement prints, with the double points from final payment. And still have time to use those points and get OBC in time for my cruise??

I want to redeem as many and all points possible. Once this cruise is over, I will canc the card. Like others have said, Southwest free flights and my Capital Venture card have taken over the BOA card.

OK, so everyone is saying that you can redeem as close to 30 days out right?? So I can pay off my cruise shortly before my final payment date and make sure before the monthy statement day.

Wait till the statement prints, with the double points from final payment. And still have time to use those points and get OBC in time for my cruise??

I want to redeem as many and all points possible. Once this cruise is over, I will canc the card. Like others have said, Southwest free flights and my Capital Venture card have taken over the BOA card.

Depending on your billing cycle, this should work fine.

I'm glad I'm not the only one in limbo. I transfered points 3 weeks ago...called C&A yesterday, and they can not see my OBC. I sail in just over 4 weeks. C&A told me to give it 2 more weeks and call back. She said if they aren't on there then, I should call BOA. I'm a little freaked out....but I will give it time.

...and BillOh....I'll have to argue...I love my free flights on Southwest with my credit card points. :-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Checking at the 4 week mark is to soon. They always told me the OBC will be posted at the 2 week out point. When I checked then they were always there.

Update,

This is a little different from my last experience. I called the rewards center and the first thing they asked is my sailing date. She said rewards sometime show up a little earlier, but should show up 2 weeks prior to sailing, so I'll wait and try again around April 18th or so