First Day Lunch

We've gone to the Windjammer on every cruise so far. We always talk about going somewhere else and then we get on the ship and fall into old habits. It kind of marks the start of the cruise to us.

Tom

depending on the ship, i like the little deli in the solarium(Grandeur and i don't know what other ships) or the compass deli on Majesty that has those nice roast beef sandwiches, paninis, fruit salad, tuna salad sandwiches, pasta salads and then they have a fabulous regular salad bar where you pick out the ingredients that you want and they mix it for you! Scrumptious.

depending on the ship, i like the little deli in the solarium(Grandeur and i don't know what other ships) or the compass deli on Majesty that has those nice roast beef sandwiches, paninis, fruit salad, tuna salad sandwiches, pasta salads and then they have a fabulous regular salad bar where you pick out the ingredients that you want and they mix it for you! Scrumptious.

It's called the Park Café. :)

(but the Compass Deli on Majesty is different)

I see your going on Allure. I have done the Dog House on the boardwalk twice. I have boarded around 11:30 both times and about the time I am done with the dog house the line at the Park Cafe is out the door. But if you are in a suite or Diamond or higher you can probably go directly to the Park Cafe and not have too bad of a line. That is what I cam going to try this time now that I am Diamond, but if the line is long, we may head to the Dog House or up to the Wipeout Cafe, which wasn't an option on my 2011 cruise.

Thanks. Yes we are on Allure (but not a suite or Diamond). I'm a vegetarian so probably not much for me at Dog House (unless they have veggie dogs), but my DD and DH would like it.

Sounds like Wipeout Cafe might work....or even Sorrentos for our kids and a simple sandwich from Cafe Promenade for Dh and I (if I'm not mistaken of what the cafe offers). From the map, these look close to each other (and not far from our stateroom deck).

Gosh, when I went on Voyager years ago, there weren't many options other than the Windjammer. So much simpler back then...lol

First day? Lunch? Yea....you will find me having a margarita or mojito lunch near the pool. :)

I like the way you think!! My mother will be in attendance on my next cruise otherwise I would be borrowing this Idea. I figure the least I can do (since in all likelihood I will be getting on the ship early with her status) is have some lunch with my mother before I disappear somewhere on the ship.

Edited by angelofsin

Thanks Bob !! We usually forget about the Diamond Lounge until Happy Hour that first evening but it might be nice to relax before staterooms are ready!

You may luck out and find some cookies and fruit in the lounge.