staying in Nacogdoches on way to Galveston...plan to leave

TnTWalter

at 8am Sunday morning to head into Galveston for the Cruise...it's just shy of 3 and 1/2 hours away from Galveston Park and Cruise where we have reserved parking....

will we arrive in plenty of time to get on board? I'm a little worried about timing but we are coming from Indiana and leaving at the crack of dawn Saturday. Gives us plenty of time to stop and stretch legs on way and get to hotel around 8pm ....

we might leave earlier in the morning if we need. Thanks.

we are sailing Royal LIberty of the Seas and all need to be on board by 3:30pm.

Trish

Edited by TnTWalter

your coming in on 59 take 610 south to 45. you should be fine. I come from Dallas area and most of the bad traffic I ever hit is on 45 north of downtown.

there is a website for txdot I would check it for any construction delays. 59 does go through a lot of towns. be aware of the red light cameras. last time I took that route I saw a lot.

at 8am Sunday morning to head into Galveston for the Cruise...it's just shy of 3 and 1/2 hours away from Galveston Park and Cruise where we have reserved parking....

will we arrive in plenty of time to get on board? I'm a little worried about timing but we are coming from Indiana and leaving at the crack of dawn Saturday. Gives us plenty of time to stop and stretch legs on way and get to hotel around 8pm ....

we might leave earlier in the morning if we need. Thanks.

we are sailing Royal LIberty of the Seas and all need to be on board by 3:30pm.

Trish

You should be good. 59 is a great way to go into Houston... rarely traffic. There will be traffic in the Clear Lake area (I-45) south of Houston because of construction. Give yourself an extra 30 minutes -- just in case. You can always stop at the great Buc-ees in League City... a Texas must.

It's only about 200 miles and you will only hit 2 (If my short term memory is correct) stop lights the whole trip(there are north of Nacogdoches) . Should take you 4-4.5 hrs to make the trip on a Sunday morning. (I drive up and down that route (stopping in Houston) quite often.)

Edited by TruckerDave