Euros or U.S. Dollars

Marlster

I have been to places where USD were preferred - Cambodia - and where it was the official currency - Ecuador.

Thanks for this minor clarification. I thought that Ecuador had their own currency but that it was pegged to the US dollar. But you are correct.

I am wondering if the Christmas ornaments will be out in Sept....they are my one downfall, I'm not allowed alone in a Christmas store! :)

Man, do I know how that goes!!! :D DH has been known to almost body check me when he spots one that I haven't noticed yet! I haven't done any of the Christmas cruises but I've never found difficulty finding them in Europe except for some of the emerging countries on the Black Sea cruise. We usually travel in Spring and Fall and I've always found them. We just came back from Caribbean and I even found them readily available in the islands. I think they're on to us!!

Hydrokitty,

Did you and your DH watch the NCAA final last nite? WOW!!!!!! What a game!!!!!! We watched and then called classmates in Phoenix to celebrate. Thought I started a thread this am, but it is probably floating in cyber space.

Pat

Hydrokitty,

Did you and your DH watch the NCAA final last nite? WOW!!!!!! What a game!!!!!! We watched and then called classmates in Phoenix to celebrate. Thought I started a thread this am, but it is probably floating in cyber space.

Pat

We saw some of it and it was SPECTACULAR!!!! Wildcats are going nuts..I heard they cancelled all classes today and possibly tomorrow too..we got home late Sunday from our cruise and were pretty wasted yesterday....but that was the most amazing shot I've ever seen!!!! DH is still reeling!!! Congratulations Wildcats!

Edited by Hydrokitty

Floridiana, your post and several others were very helpful, unlike those who know it all. On any forum we're posting legitimate questions or responding and we've all been newbies at one time or another. I just don't understand the holier than thou attitudes from some posters. If the question asked irritates you....simply don't respond. Remember you too had questions!

Doing a river cruise Amsterdam to Budapest. Do any of these countries accept USD or do you have to use euros?

Marlster

Be sure you have euros for your transfer from the airport to your hotel/vessel ( unless you have made pre-paid arrangements) Also depending on what time you arrive you may just want a cup or coffee/snack when you arrive.

Have a great trip

Carole

Be sure you have euros for your transfer from the airport to your hotel/vessel ( unless you have made pre-paid arrangements) Also depending on what time you arrive you may just want a cup or coffee/snack when you arrive.

Have a great trip

Carole

Yes, indeed....we always save any leftover Euros for our next trip. That way we have cash on hand for coffee or a pastry. We also pre-pay our airport transfers...after flying 7-9 hours and arriving at 5:30 a.m. I really need a cup of coffee and the sooner the better plus I'm in no mood to handle my own arrangements and luggage. :D