Amsterdam cabin 3369 or 7056 photos??

js4rq

Hi!

Does anyone have photos of cabin 3369 or 7056 on ms Armsterdam?? I know cabin 7056 has an odd layout but I am curious as to what the cabin and view looks like. Same as 3369 ;)

Cheers

Hi!

Does anyone have photos of cabin 3369 or 7056 on ms Armsterdam?? I know cabin 7056 has an odd layout but I am curious as to what the cabin and view looks like. Same as 3369 ;)

Cheers

If you google "Amsterdam cabin 3369" about half way down the page there are pix available on a website of the view. They were shot by CC member rafinmd

If you google "Amsterdam cabin 3369" about half way down the page there are pix available on a website of the view. They were shot by CC member rafinmd

Thanks for that. The view is pretty good for an obstructed view! :)

I still can't find any pictures for cabin 7056. I am curious as to the view and if it is actually better than the view of cabin 3369?

There are three pics of 7086 on the Volendam (which is the equivalent to Amsterdam 7056). Pics include an oblique one of the WORST part of the view, on this CC page:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=408715

There is a bigger gallery of pics out there on the web, including a full on shot out the window; it is behind a paywall, but I can tell you the view is MUCH less obstructed than Am.3369. To the right of stairs you see in robntawn's pic, are just the horizontal rails & a couple diagonal rails for the going-down stairs; the overhead is not nearly so low as looking out under the lifeboat, and you have the glorious wake below the rails.

The furniture does seem a little cramped -- you have to sidle past the closets (at the foot of bed) and in front of the window to get to that side of the bed. Re: the closets: there are two, one single/one double, rather than three, one single TWO double. One end of the loveseat and one end table are sort of tucked in a niche... Some people love and repeat these cabins and some do not like them; here's another CC thread on the corresponding Zaandam rooms:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=625980

I happen to have booked the Volendam port-side equivalent of Am.3369 for my mom and aunt, and the two aft of it (each one has slightly worse view). Subsequently I learned that at least on the port side, those rooms are under the main galley and breakfast prep starts at 5:30! The starboard side is also under "white areas" forward of the MDR so that is likely more galley. Whereas the aft OVs on Deck 7 are under the narrowest part of the deck around the Seaview Pool, so the most you're probably going to hear is some shifting of chairs.

Let me know if you want me to look and report on pics from that gallery of which I spoke.

Edited by crystalspin

There are three pics of 7086 on the Volendam (which is the equivalent to Amsterdam 7056). Pics include an oblique one of the WORST part of the view, on this CC page:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=408715

There is a bigger gallery of pics out there on the web, including a full on shot out the window; it is behind a paywall, but I can tell you the view is MUCH less obstructed than Am.3369. To the right of stairs you see in robntawn's pic, are just the horizontal rails & a couple diagonal rails for the going-down stairs; the overhead is not nearly so low as looking out under the lifeboat, and you have the glorious wake below the rails.

The furniture does seem a little cramped -- you have to sidle past the closets (at the foot of bed) and in front of the window to get to that side of the bed. Re: the closets: there are two, one single/one double, rather than three, one single TWO double. One end of the loveseat and one end table are sort of tucked in a niche... Some people love and repeat these cabins and some do not like them; here's another CC thread on the corresponding Zaandam rooms:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=625980

I happen to have booked the Volendam port-side equivalent of Am.3369 for my mom and aunt, and the two aft of it (each one has slightly worse view). Subsequently I learned that at least on the port side, those rooms are under the main galley and breakfast prep starts at 5:30! The starboard side is also under "white areas" forward of the MDR so that is likely more galley. Whereas the aft OVs on Deck 7 are under the narrowest part of the deck around the Seaview Pool, so the most you're probably going to hear is some shifting of chairs.

Let me know if you want me to look and report on pics from that gallery of which I spoke.

I appreciate you taking the time to post the links, it is a great help!

If you could let me know where I can find the photo gallery for cabin #7056, that would also be appreciated! I still cannot find any photos online.... perhaps I'm not looking hard enough! :D

We are looking at booking either cabin for our Alaska cruise next year, and keep an eye on prices in the meantime. ;)

JS -- I didn't find Amsterdam 7056 either but on the Zaandam & Volendam 7086 is the number of the same-configured cabin. (The Rotterdam replaced the two HC suites on the aft corners and the two OVs between them with a row of aft-facing verandah rooms, so no help there.)

If you google

Volendam Deck Plans Oceanview

the correct "hit" should be one of the first ones that is NOT a Holland America (or Cruise Critic!) page. It's the similarly named one with the orange ship in the top left corner! not the ships wheel. These pages advertise direct competitors to CC's sponsors, so we cannot name them.

Without "joining" in the top right corner, you can see only a handful of pics of each category of cabin. Click Join and scroll down through all the bragging and find the prices (pay by PayPal or credit card or bank processed by PayPal). One-Two-Three years. The price is very small compared to the cost of a cruise; maybe about one or two drinks!

It might not be worth it to you -- but I see you are going on Princess and this site does have many if not all of the lines/ships. Of course they do not have all the rooms (!) but they have many and at least for HAL, they make it easy to switch from one ship to its sister-ships to see if a correlating room is there. I personally LOVE to see "my" room ahead of time, makes it more fun to imagine as well as to choose.

Remember you are looking for Volendam 7086. I was not able to find any pics of your VERY cabin, Amsterdam 7056, either. Only NIEUW Amsterdam!

Edited by crystalspin

Galley plans for sister ship Volendam are found on the same website I referred you to. Use the menu to find R Class Ships.

Why look at that! I'm on that site all the time but I never noticed Galley Plans -- Looks like my family's three cabins are under the Bakery/pastry kitchen....