Is this a warm enough spring break itinerary on Anthem?

I am going to book a spring break cruise for the family next year. Planning on doing this today, while at sea. We have now done Oasis, have Harmony booked for Christmas. I am looking at Spring break next year.

The Allure has a warm itinerary that isn't entirely duplicative of what we will have already done. The ship is similar to Oasis and Harmony from what I can gather though. Not horrible but something new would be nice.

Anthem would be a new layout or different type of ship. That's the positive. Wondering about the itinerary though. https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/8NightBahamasCruise-AN8BH006?currencyCode=USD&sCruiseType=CO

Wondering if we will be wearing coats and warm clothes a lot, as I will be leaving cold weather in the Midwest. Looking for warm summery weather.

Not sure if Anthem is following this route right now and if anyone can comment on this. Warm weather is the priority. Ships and itinerary are secondary priorities. TIA.

I would not be flying to NJ in March if getting warm ("warm summery weather") is a the priority. Plus, a Bahamas itinerary will likely not be as warm as a Caribbean itinerary.

If you want something different from Oasis class, I'd consider Rhapsody out of Tampa, Jewel or Adventure out of San Juan, Freedom out of Ft.Lauderdale. Navigator has a 9-night Southern Caribbean cruise out of Miami that would be my choice.

I just did this itinerary on Anthem as part of the March 19 sailing. It was in the 40's leaving NJ and we had a little snow or sleet in the evening. The port days in Florida and the Bahamas were upper 70's and low 80's. Moving from mid March to early April you should be able to add a few degrees to the temps.

Sailing from NJ the weather depends on the day of the week, it's going to be near 80 today but will be in the 30's with snow showers on Sunday.

Anthem is a great ship with lots to do inside including 2 pools, seaplex and the 270 lounge so don't let the first day being cool scare you too much. I live in NJ so sailing out of NJ and avoiding the airport is a big bonus to me.

Do expect cool weather leaving NJ as Bill mentioned.

In March, there is still a chance for snow.

A day or so into the trip it will warm up.

But this time of year it can still be coolish in places such as the Bahamas in the early morning and then warm up to the 70's.

If you do the itinerary then definitely arrive a day or more before the cruise just in case there are weather issues.

Keith

Living in NJ, I would do this itinerary for convenience only. I would not do it with the expectation of warm, summery weather at the ports. And the days leaving the area and returning may be bad weather.

Also, Port Canaveral as a port? 1pm to midnight in Nassau? CocoCay would be good but maybe cool, and they often miss that port due to wind. It's a terrible itinerary unless you just want to be on a ship.

I would never fly to NJ to do this cruise.

Living in NJ, I would do this itinerary for convenience only. I would not do it with the expectation of warm, summery weather at the ports. And the days leaving the area and returning may be bad weather.

Also, Port Canaveral as a port? 1pm to midnight in Nassau? CocoCay would be good but maybe cool, and they often miss that port due to wind. It's a terrible itinerary unless you just want to be on a ship.

I would never fly to NJ to do this cruise.

I didn't catch that they switched Coco Cay and Nassau from my trip we did Coco Cay 9 - 5 and Nassau 8 - 5 on our trip. It does make going to Atlantis water park tight, I believe it closes at 5.

Better than half the ship went to the Orlando amusement parks in Port Canaveral, Kennedy Space Center is the other big choice.

Flying to Florida might make more sense, what about Harmony? it has many of the Quantum Class features as well as the slides.

Thank you. We already booked harmony for this Christmas. I ended up booking Allure instead of Anthem. It was considerably less money since I am traveling with a party of five. And I have guaranteed warm weather, well almost.

It should be warmer than the Anthem. I will have to wait for Anthem to get a different itinerary I think. Thank you for the feedback.

I would only do the New Jersey to Port Canaveral/Coco Cay/Nassau itinerary if living within driving distance of New Jersey. 3-4 sea days off the Atlantic coast of the United States is not going to be as pleasant as down in the Caribbean. You could have temperatures anywhere from 30 to 75 that time of the year around New Jersey. Also the water can be a bit rough as we all know.

The itinerary stops also aren't the most interesting. Coco Cay is always a bit of a risk as a tender port. Nassau is a common stop, but not necessarily the best place in the Caribbean. Port Canaveral has some options, but if you want to see Disney, it is much better to do it as a land based vacation so that you have enough time to enjoy the parks. It should be warm enough in the Bahamas and Florida, but again I don't think I would want to fly to New Jersey and sail that far south when it is just as easy to fly to Texas or Florida and enjoy warm weather your entire vacation.

If you are going to fly, I would think that there are better options out of Galveston, Port Canaveral, Tampa or South Florida. The one benefit of going out of New Jersey is if you get to add some time in to visit New York if you and your family haven't been there much.

You don't even hit Orlando until day 4. Plan on being cold the first two and at least the last full day of the cruise. I'm from a cold midwestern state as well and I cruise to escape winter. That's why I'll never cruise out of NJ.

Thank you all for confirming my decision. We would be flying from Wisconsin so I have to pay for flights either way. I agree. I.e. oils need more time than a day to do Disney. I would rather go there for a full vacation instead of stopping there for a day.

I am going to book a spring break cruise for the family next year. Planning on doing this today, while at sea. We have now done Oasis, have Harmony booked for Christmas. I am looking at Spring break next year.

The Allure has a warm itinerary that isn't entirely duplicative of what we will have already done. The ship is similar to Oasis and Harmony from what I can gather though. Not horrible but something new would be nice.

Anthem would be a new layout or different type of ship. That's the positive. Wondering about the itinerary though. https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/8NightBahamasCruise-AN8BH006?currencyCode=USD&sCruiseType=CO

Wondering if we will be wearing coats and warm clothes a lot, as I will be leaving cold weather in the Midwest. Looking for warm summery weather.

Not sure if Anthem is following this route right now and if anyone can comment on this. Warm weather is the priority. Ships and itinerary are secondary priorities. TIA.

You will have at least 4 cold days.

Thank you. We already booked harmony for this Christmas. I ended up booking Allure instead of Anthem. It was considerably less money since I am traveling with a party of five. And I have guaranteed warm weather, well almost.

It should be warmer than the Anthem. I will have to wait for Anthem to get a different itinerary I think. Thank you for the feedback.

Glad you worked it out, and I would have dumped the Anthem cruise too.:)