Question about Shore Excursion-Honduras

supercanadian

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place to post this, since I wasn't sure if I needed to post a Carnival-offered shore excursion here or not. Anyways...my question is this. Carnival offers a “Ultimate Relax on the Beach” package for $75 stating:

“Package accommodates 2 guests. Includes chair lift transfers, clam shell, two beach floats, snorkeling gear and kayaking. One ticket purchases the entrance for two.”

We have 5 in our party, 3 of them are kids (ages 7, 18 and 19) that I know will not be lounging on beach chairs all day. Is it required for everyone to buy a ticket in this case or can we just share the floats, chairs and snorkeling equipment?

We were planning on buying just one package and purchasing 3 extra chairlift tickets, but weren't sure if this is a specific area of the beach that is sectioned off (requiring "tickets" for entry) or not.

You may receive comments on this on this board, but you are going to Roatan, not Honduras.

That is to say that, while Roatan is part of Honduras, it is an island 30+ miles off the Honduran coast and is treated as a Caribbean island by Cruise Critic.

It is the favorite port of many here on Cruise Critic. And it has it's own forum.... Roatan

The beach with the chairlift is a corporate facility engineered and constructed by Carnival Corporation for both your enjoyment and to provide shopping venues for your convenience.

The beach is OK, but far from the beautiful, soft sand beaches of the West Bay....a short taxi ride away.

Yes op, you can do what you are planning, but I would take that $75 and spend the day with Victor broaden.

You get your own driver that will take you any place you want to go. We'll drive you around, make suggestions, whatever.

They will even run you back to the ship if that is what you want to eat at.

They also take you to a private mini zoo that we all enjoy.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Everyone will have plenty of suggestions for you. The excursion you are talking about will allow you to share the floats etc. I believe they give you an arm band, they use to anyway. I absolutely love Roatan!! One of my favorite places to visit. You may want to explore many possibilities there then just carnival excursions. Little French Key (actual LFK and not thru carnival) is an amazing little island and absolutely stunning. Have fun on your cruise and the Dream is a great ship!

Yes op, you can do what you are planning, but I would take that $75 and spend the day with Victor broaden.

You get your own driver that will take you any place you want to go. We'll drive you around, make suggestions, whatever.

Amen, Amen, Amen!

Mahogany Bay is pretty but it is manufactured by Carnival. Not the real Roatan, take this posters advice and get an excursion with Victor Bodden! You will have an amazing day and get to actually "see" Roatan and not just the manufactured beach area. I promise on this one - book with Bodden!

Victor Bodden tours are the absolute best! Best guides, best spots and most economical. YOu can book online - and there is no deposit or credit card number required. Just pay in American dollars when you get to port and you will be met by Victor.

AMEN, done his tour 6 times, always enjoy, usually tour you 4.5 to 5 hours. It is Victor Bodden.

Edited by texast518

If all you want is a day at the beach you can omit the chair lift and walk to the beach. Not very far from the ship and I saw plenty of chairs. Be careful of private tours. The one I booked last time was unable to come into the pier area and that required a long walk including a big hill. We got a taxi instead that drove us for 2 hours and showed us the island, 4 people $80 plus tip.

Be careful of private tours. The one I booked last time was unable to come into the pier area and that required a long walk including a big hill.

We did a Victor Bodden private tour. He's very upfront on the walk but also stated we could get a taxi for $2 per person to take us to the pickup place. They DO bring you right back to the pier terminal. Will say this was one of the best excursions we've taken anywhere. Highly recommend Victor Bodden Tours and TEX as a driver.

We did a Victor Bodden private tour. He's very upfront on the walk but also stated we could get a taxi for $2 per person to take us to the pickup place. They DO bring you right back to the pier terminal. Will say this was one of the best excursions we've taken anywhere. Highly recommend Victor Bodden Tours and TEX as a driver.

I don't remember who I booked with but he wasn't up front about the walk. Just that you had to go past the security point (on foot) Since I booked the guy I thought it only fair to walk down there. The three ladies I traveled with are all over 70 so they stayed behind. THN the jerk isn't even there so I ask someone. I have his cell but my didn't work on the island. His buddy calls for me and the guy tells me he's hung up in traffic and that his friend will take us. Hung up in traffic? What a crock. That's when I got a taxi. End of story. AND who wants to pay$8 for a half mile ride?