Reflection tips

Chardonnay Char

We sailed the Reflection Eastern Caribbean on March 19. We plan to write a fuller review, but his posting is to address some issues that have appeared on this board:

They must have listened: Absolutely no one tried to up-sell us from the classic to the premium drink package. Thank you. I hate sales pitches.

Water: no problem if you have a drink package, and it seems like most people do, just get a bottle to go and take it to your room -- as many times a day as you like.

About the drink package: One thing we did notice. It's one drink per card at a time. If I forgot my card, my husband couldn't order for me. I had to go retrieve my own card.

Menus: I asked the first afternoon at the MDR to see the week’s menus. The hostess said she didn't have them/couldn't get them because they were subject to change. I said I understood there might be small changes, but I wanted to see the menus to choose which evenings I wanted to use alternate dining. I added that I was sure they were available somewhere. Then she said I would have to contact the maitre d’ when he was around.

Instead, I asked one of the officers the next morning at the Cruise Critic get-t We sailed March 19 (Eastern Caribbean). We plan to do a fuller review but wanted ogether and within half an hour after the meeting ended, we got a call to come pick up copies of the week's menus.

Cruise Critic get together: It was held at the Lawn Grill on the second morning -- a sea day. The problem was, everyone sat around and didn't mingle enough. Coffee and pastries were provided and the officers were helpful. Name tags had our real names -- not our Cruise Critic monikers. I do wish people had mingled more.

Canapes - People have criticized these little hors d’oeuvres that come with some rooms. They are small -- just four little bites for two people. A single shrimp in one compartment, for instance, a few olives in another. It varied from day to day, but I came to look forward to the afternoon delivery.

Finally, the specialty dining room game. I am still trying to figure this one out. We did decide to eat in Murano the first night. I called and was given two choices -- a really early time or 8:45 p.m. We went about 8:20 and lo and behold we were seated. We called the Tuscan Grill for reservations on Tuesday night and again were told very early or 9 p.m. We showed up at 8:30 and had no problem being seated. In fact, the place was only half full, and it didn't fill up later. So we figured times were left open for walk-ins. However, that didn't work on Wednesday night when we again tried to eat at Murano. It was obvious they were packed until really late. So if you want prime-time reservations for later in the week, call early.

Thank you.

Specialty dining on my recent cruises was virtually empty so you never know.

The dinner menus for some reason have never been available ahead of time. No idea why not except I do know there are changes - usually small ones - made daily due to availability of various items. A set of items would be probably 95% correct. Glad you were able to get a set.

At the Meet and Mingle what it takes is one of US to ask the real name AND handle be put on the name badges. Also to suggest people wear them the next day if there are a lot of you. Helps us old folks remember names!

A thought on drinks - We always try to go to the same server and thus no problem getting drinks for both DW and self. She hates carrying her SeaPass. A $10 the first day solved all our drink issues.

We also just came off our first Celebrity Cruise on 3/19. Loved it, had a great experience, and just booked one for next year same ship. My question to others is that we were somewhat disappointed in the level of entertainment, as others that had sailed with Celebrity previously mentioned top notch, Broadway type shows, etc. Just wondered if you knew anything, as someone mentioned there being between contracts in negotiations, but I don’t know if that is true. We did upgrade our drink package, and thought it well worth the money, as we truly enjoyed the better wines, and the martini bar.

If folks aren't "mingling", then it's sort of up to you to get them started!

The person who initially started the Roll Call should take the initiative to get people mingling. At the Lawn Club, people tended to sit at different tables away from each other. They need to be encouraged to mingle and there are methods to do so. I also agree there should be the Roll Call name as well as the person's first name not the tags.

Thanks for the tips! Looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise on the Reflection in a few months.

About the drink package: One thing we did notice. It's one drink per card at a time. If I forgot my card, my husband couldn't order for me. I had to go retrieve my own card.

A question on this: if I give my card to my husband, can he go to a bar and get a drink for me (and one for himself, with his card)? While I'm getting ready for dinner, my husband might kindly fetch a drink for me, if that will work. Thanks.

Thanks for the tips! Looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise on the Reflection in a few months.

A question on this: if I give my card to my husband, can he go to a bar and get a drink for me (and one for himself, with his card)? While I'm getting ready for dinner, my husband might kindly fetch a drink for me, if that will work. Thanks.

You can get as many drinks as you have cards so no problem in your husband getting you a drink as long as he takes both cards [emoji4]

Thank you for your thoughts! I am on the Reflection sailing now & the bar tenders are enforcing the one drink one card policy which isn't a huge issue so I'm thinking it may have been abused at some point!

Thank you for your thoughts! I am on the Reflection sailing now & the bar tenders are enforcing the one drink one card policy which isn't a huge issue so I'm thinking it may have been abused at some point!

I think it is because the policy changed to not require everyone in the cabin to be on the same drink package.