Is visiting Turtle Farm after Stingray tour possible

cdoobiest

Going on private tour with Dexter to Stingray and Snorkel. We will get done around 12:30, and he will drop us off at the beach or port. If I wanted to go to the Turtle Farm, do we have enough time to visit and get back to port. Our ship leaves at 4.

If we spend 1.5 hours at turtle farm and leave by 2, is that too rushed. I was also thinking of taking taxi rather than rely on bus if there are taxis around to save time. We are a group of 13!

It's doable. What I would recommend is to prearrange a cab/van pick you up at the boat dock then off to the turtle farm. Negotiate a price and how long you plan to need the cab. In order to do this, when you come off the tender you'll be is this big area with a flea market type feel. Have some one hook up with your tour. Have another person take a right to where the buses/vans are. Find the person in charge and explain what you want. They're very good at working things out. Make sure you casually ask if there are any discounts for the turtle farm. We got in for $10 pp with a coupon from our driver.

Almost forgot, get a phone # from the taxi coordinator and give them a paper with you name and Dexter's cell #.

Have fun.

We got a taxi to the Turtle Farm and do as the above post says, negotiate the price. We did the swim with the turtles it was great! Fun day! We got our drivers phone number and he came back and picked us up.

We did this with Captain Marvin.

First a Sting Ray swim and snorkel and then when others went to the beach, we got on another van for an island tour with stops at Hell and the Turtle Farm.

Cheers

Len

I have been trying to get to a website for Captain Marvin to no avail. I keep getting a message that says "301 moved permanently". Do you have any contact info?

Thanks!

Traci

Thanks so much bookbabe. I tried to click on the link on the Facebook page and same message...UGH. I will send a message through Facebook. I appreciate your help!

Traci

Can you let me know if you get any joy and as am trying to contact them and getting no luck!

• 2 weeks later...

We did Captain Marvins a week ago. got off the ship, did stingray city, then snorkel stop back to boat dock and on another van with stops in Hell and then on to turtle farm. back in the van and back to the cruise port. all this and we still had an hour cushion before and after. you will have plenty of time. stingray city and snorkel took about 2.5 hours and turtle farm was about an hour and a half.

• 10 months later...
We did Captain Marvins a week ago. got off the ship, did stingray city, then snorkel stop back to boat dock and on another van with stops in Hell and then on to turtle farm. back in the van and back to the cruise port. all this and we still had an hour cushion before and after. you will have plenty of time. stingray city and snorkel took about 2.5 hours and turtle farm was about an hour and a half.

I know this is a bit old, but we are looking at the same combo next week. Was there time in between for lunch, and was that on your own? I would also love to browse the shops at the dock for a few minutes. I'm so happy I found your post!