North Star on Anthem

DH and I just rode North Star on Anthem. We had ridden it on Quantum in November 2014. A couple of changes--the entrance is on the opposite side from Quantum, and no signage. We got all the way to the top of the stairs before being told to go back down to the other side. The entrance is on the port side, by the accessible lift.

The second is that passengers are weighed! Fortunately, we lucked out as we weren't weighed.

We're in Martinique today. We went straight up and a small amount to one side, then down.

You mention the accessible lift. Does that mean that North Star is accessible for wheelchairs? Been wondering that. Thanks

I believe that you must be able to get yourself into and out of the capsule yourself, and stand for about 15 minutes. The lift merely bypasses the stairs.

I believe that you must be able to get yourself into and out of the capsule yourself, and stand for about 15 minutes. The lift merely bypasses the stairs.

Well that's very disappointing, but not surprising. Seems not a lot of thought goes into accessibility of entertainment areas on these ships. Thank you for your reply.

Guest maddycat

I was on the North Star when I sailed on the Quantum last year. There was a passenger in a wheel chair in the capsule. She stayed in her wheel chair the entire time. One of the crew members used a cable to secure her wheel chair.

Well that's very disappointing, but not surprising. Seems not a lot of thought goes into accessibility of entertainment areas on these ships. Thank you for your reply.

I was on the North Star when I sailed on the Quantum last year. There was a passenger in a wheel chair in the capsule. She stayed in her wheel chair the entire time. One of the crew members used a cable to secure her wheel chair.

I am glad to hear that.

I had heard that you had to be able to be safely evacuated through the hatch in the floor of the capsule in order to ride NorthStar. I guess that this is not true.

This is wonderful news! My son is in a wheelchair, and would love to do this if we sail this class ship. He has unfortunately always been disappointed not to be able to do most of the exciting things on the ships.

Thank you for letting me know this

This is wonderful news! My son is in a wheelchair, and would love to do this if we sail this class ship. He has unfortunately always been disappointed not to be able to do most of the exciting things on the ships.

Thank you for letting me know this

We saw a lift for one of the pools, not sure which one

We are also on the June 11th. When I made our dining reservations, there were no NorthStar spots available. But I checked again a few days ago and there were a few spots that opened up. Keep checking and maybe more spots will open as people change their plans.

The second is that passengers are weighed! Fortunately, we lucked out as we weren't weighed.

Not a matter of lucking out. It's a safety issue. There's a weight limit on the harnesses that would be used in the event passengers had to be evacuated from the capsule.

North Star really is wonderful.

North%20Star%20at%20night%201024x683_zpsi0abgpr9.jpg

Dear joand452,

Awesome. Glad you appreciated and enjoyed it too!~

Now a question as your Sunday in France's , Martinique.

What is open ?

One kinda problem as it is Sunday when docked. Martinique a Region of France and you well know they like to use the Euro too. They do send four deputies to the Assembly of France and two senators to the French Senate.

Like here in our State of New Jersey do you remember the Blue Laws in all 21 of our Counties. Also in our Virginia many Couties are BLUE.

Now only one here, Bergen County here has those and it is enforced mostly in Paramus still. Three Ballots were on on the Bergen County Elections and Commerce lost all Three times.

Martinique, I was looking at a tour in the culinary ways.. but that is not ever run on any Sunday still.

Where we are docked is Fort-de-France is the sole prefecture of Martinique. It takes up the central zone of the island. It includes four communes and sixteen cantons.

DH and I just rode North Star on Anthem. We had ridden it on Quantum in November 2014. A couple of changes--the entrance is on the opposite side from Quantum, and no signage. We got all the way to the top of the stairs before being told to go back down to the other side. The entrance is on the port side, by the accessible lift.

We're in Martinique today. We went straight up and a small amount to one side, then down.

Dear joand452,

Awesome. Glad you appreciated and enjoyed it too!~

Now a question as your Sunday in France's , Martinique.

What is open?.

We didn't really do anything. We walked up toward the naval base, then back. Did a little shopping at the vendors at the dock. They all took USD, but not everyone took credit cards.

I do know on Saturdays all the stores close at 2:00; don't know about Sunday's.

I'm assuming if there's s ship in port, the vendor tents will be open!

At this point I'm not even sure what day it is. The sign of a relaxing vacation!

Dear Joand452,

Thank you!!!!!

We didn't really do anything. We walked up toward the naval base, then back. Did a little shopping at the vendors at the dock. They all took USD, but not everyone took credit cards.

I do know on Saturdays all the stores close at 2:00; don't know about Sunday's.

I'm assuming if there's s ship in port, the vendor tents will be open!

At this point I'm not even sure what day it is. The sign of a relaxing vacation!