camarowesley

CABIN TEMPS  

155 members have voted

1. 1. CABIN TEMPS

• room temps should be between 76 &74
    • room temps should be between 74 & 72
    • room temps should be between 72 & 68
    • room temps are fine as is

Over the past several years I have noticed a big difference in cabin temps. In the past cabins temps were cool, but now it seems like what little air that come from the vent is just recirculated air, not cool or cold air. I know cabin temps are subjective, but we like ours on the cool side, especially at night. I'm curious if others feel the same. Maybe if enough people complain Carnival will do something about this.

Over the past several years I have noticed a big difference in cabin temps. In the past cabins temps were cool, but now it seems like what little air that come from the vent is just recirculated air, not cool or cold air. I know cabin temps are subjective, but we like ours on the cool side, especially at night. I'm curious if others feel the same. Maybe if enough people complain Carnival will do something about this.

Not sure what they could do. I started bringing a little digital temperature gauge to see what the temps were in out cabin(s) during our cruises. There are two factors, where your cabin is (in relation to where the air is coming from) and the number or ducts you have (most cabins hove one, but some have more).

When people prop their balcony doors open, it disturbs the air circulation for surrounding cabins and they heat up.

We prefer our cabin to be cooler - around 65 degrees when we sleep. Don't prop your doors open, please.

My parents like their cabin warmer, I prefer my cabin cooler. Temps were great on the Pride - the only issue I had (French door cabin) was it became obvious that someone was propping their door open for a couple of days as my cabin felt a little muggy. After docking at Grand Turk, there were high winds and the cabin steward went around and closed all of the 4k doors and that night my cabin was back to normal cool.

I asked my cabin steward about the mugginess and then the cooling and she told me that she had closed other's doors and she would keep an eye on them so that it didn't happen again.

When people prop their balcony doors open, it disturbs the air circulation for surrounding cabins and they heat up.

We prefer our cabin to be cooler - around 65 degrees when we sleep. Don't prop your doors open, please.

I completely agree with this. We kept our balcony door closed at all times, and our curtains closed when we were not in the room, and our cabin temperature was just fine. In fact, I like to sleep with extra blankets on and it was cool enough for me to do so.

I voted between 74 and 72. I like it at 72 while DH could go warmer and twin DDs-17 like it at a sweaty 76ish (I think they are lizards). I could even go down a tad to like 70/71 but can't stand it in the 60s...brrrr.

Edited by laumicmah

It may depend on where the cabin is located as well. Our last cruise on the Breeze was terribly HOT! I would sweat getting ready for dinner and sweat trying to sleep. The room steward knew there was a problem and had the maintenance guy check it. He couldn't do anything so he brought a fan. I can't sleep with a fan like some people because it dries my mouth and throat out too bad. Years ago, we would take a light jacket going into the main showroom because the air was so cold. Now, it's only from comfortable to warm.

I took a gauge with me on my recent Pride cruise. The room temp varied from 71-74.

I managed, but would definitely like it cooler, especially at night.

An interesting little side note, I placed the gauge on the balcony while we were in Puerto Rico, ... the high was 133. Yep 133! Someone said the actual temp in PR was 88. All that metal on the ship really heats things up. At another port, St. Thomas, I believe it went up to 121.

I guess 71-74 doesn't sound so bad after all. ;)

On our first cruise, in 2010, I thought the cabin was uncomfortably cold and slept in my robe to stay warm enough. Since then, I have been very comfortable. I have a condition (Raynaud's) that makes it unpleasant to move from hot outdoor temps to icy air conditioning, so I have been very happy that all the indoor temps on ships seem to have increased just enough to make me comfortable. Cruises are my escape from the cold. :)

The cooler the better! I can't sleep when its too warm, and there's nothing worse than getting sweaty after taking a shower because the room is too hot. Luckily on both my Carnival cruises the cabin temp has been okay.

We had to complain twice on the Conquest last week. It never got cool in our room at all! I complained on my survey. It's bad when you can't even put your covers on at night. The air was just like recirculation air blowing out of the vent. If it is like that in August on the Valor I will be at guest services complaining.

I agree. 65 or lower especially for sleeping.